Lance Armstrong interview

hmm. With rumors circulating that LA is thinking of confessing to doping, would Oprah be the forum for this to happen? Do I get OWN on Dish?

oh good, Oprah is known for her hard hitting questions and followups :rolleyes:

oh good, Oprah is known for her hard hitting questions and followups :rolleyes:

Exactly the reason it is the perfect place to "come clean". Really what else do people want other than, yes, I did it. Then I will write a few books on the matter, go on a PR tour for cancer awareness and laugh all the way to the bank. He is in a win-win situation as long as they can't prove the USPS team money went to the doping products. But based on the books I read, by the time USPS was a sponser, the teams washed their hands of doping even though they didn't nothing to stop and encouraged it behind closed doors.

I read a few years back that a 1 cent fluctuation in gas prices is like an $8 million impact, I don't recall if that was for USPS or UPS but I'd imagine its similar for both. Did they ever eliminate left turns?

USPS definitely needs to update their business model or drop a day of service of something. I only get meaningful mail like once a week, the rest of the time its all garbage.

And Oprah sucks, I can't stand to watch anythign she is involved with.

I read a few years back that a 1 cent fluctuation in gas prices is like an $8 million impact, I don't recall if that was for USPS or UPS but I'd imagine its similar for both. Did they ever eliminate left turns?

USPS definitely needs to update their business model or drop a day of service of something. I only get meaningful mail like once a week, the rest of the time its all garbage.

That garbage mail is what is keeping USPS alive.

as someone who prints the stuff you throw out, its amazing how much money people spend on that stuff. you should take the time and open it just so it was worth it for the person who paid us :)

I order online quite a bit and USPS does some amazing things. Standard shipping cost will get me something from Utah in two days. I dropped off a five pound box on Friday and by Monday it hit Michigan for all of eight bucks. Fedex and UPS standard shipping is the damn slowest thing beside carrier pigeon.
I can't say if USPS is cost effective but they do some amazing stuff. .02

as someone who prints the stuff you throw out, its amazing how much money people spend on that stuff. you should take the time and open it just so it was worth it for the person who paid us :)

back in 1989 i was involved in a 60M piece mail drop...yes, that is 60 with 6 zeros after it...it was oversized, and multiple pages....also called while you were eating dinner....don't do that anymore!

the open rate is pathetic, and the take rate is abysmal....but it is seen as a portfolio of customer touches (with tv/radio/print/outdoor etc). there is a trigger point that can be optimized, so there you have it. marketing meets stats meets lance.

one should also note that the post office had to learn to compete with the other carriers - it isn't the other way around. you can not start a postal service. it is legally seen as critical infrastructure.

oh, did you hear lance may fess up? ;)

Oprah Sucks...Lance Sucks even more...I'm ashamed I own his trek signiture bike...For Sale CHEAP!!!!! Just goes to show Greg Lemond was right the whole time about Armsoft..and Greg will go down as the only real
american Tour Champion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom