Killington Bike Park

I was going to hit killington july 20th and then Thunder the 2 days after that. Having second thoughts now after reading this. $51 lift ticket and motel expense. doesn't sound worth it now. maybe just Thunder then.

Like the lift and link to Pico since 1995
Yeah Matty, what's the full story for that not going through. I had read a story long ago, that it was halted because bear cubs were living in said valley. Then the bears left and it was a go. But obviously nothing has happened.

I was going to hit killington july 20th and then Thunder the 2 days after that. Having second thoughts now after reading this. $51 lift ticket and motel expense. doesn't sound worth it now. maybe just Thunder then.

There's a state camp ground with lentos 10 mins from the base, they have a few cabins as well. Gifford State Park.

Make it a Highland /Thunder and you can thank me after.

upload_2016-7-8_9-33-8.png
2010 Singlespeed.

We were at MC this past weekend and one of the guys running the gondola said that they were going have RFID set up and the triple running for bikes by September. No idea if true or not..

I have you beat 1995
And I skipped the lift and rode to the top when I was a weenie
View attachment 37596
Bad pic I know but it was 1995 eh.
Lol. Thats gears on that bike son. We stayed at the condos down the road. We rode up trail 17 to 24 to the top 2 out of 3 days. Good times. Her2s a shot my friends just sent me. They eere camping at Gifford Woods and hit up Killington today. He missed the first table top. Trip over.
IMG958505.jpg

Lol. Thats gears on that bike son. We stayed at the condos down the road. We rode up trail 17 to 24 to the top 2 out of 3 days. Good times. Her2s a shot my friends just sent me. They eere camping at Gifford Woods and hit up Killington today. He missed the first table top. Trip over.View attachment 37598
I know I follow Jeff on strava and commented. I am have a beer right now for him and a quick recovery. Fucker got 3 KOMs before the crash.

I heard the same thing. lifty told me

This is true. RFID is coming for winter season and will be a part of bike park ops for 2017. The cabriolet will be undergoing some major maintenance in September, so we will be using triple chair during that period. Triple will be fitted with appropriate hooks to hang bikes.

We're actually lowering the tallest towers on the gondola to make the lift less prone to wind closures. This should work out nicely for both winter and summer guests.

-Marc

We were at MC this past weekend and one of the guys running the gondola said that they were going have RFID set up and the triple running for bikes by September. No idea if true or not..

True indeed. Not the RFID part yet, though that's coming too. But the cab is having two lift towers shortened to prevent wind interference, so we will be using triple. Great lift for a beer at least...

Had a great experience riding here. Followed some local pros and their crew around, hit everything from the flow off of Snowshed to the more natural stuff on K1 and then Ramshead. Kind of the first-class vs. coach experience following someone who knows the lines, showed me the speed and towed me off of the features. Having A good ride leader is huge. I would hit it again.

Back
Top Bottom