july means?

F

FallGirl1430

The tires more than likely won't fit through the brakes Norm-a-tron. You'd be better off throwing some CX tires on your 29er and locking out the fork.

Also, for anyone interested in trying out what CX is all about, the Rutgers Cycling Team hosts practice events during the week all throughout the fall. You need to pre-reg on Bikereg and it's about $40 for the entire season. Tons of fast dudes show up so you'll get one hell of a workout!!

-Jim.

Jim V, is right, the cross practice at Rutgers is awesome. Most nights there will be 20+ riders there. With Tommy moving in with me in NJ in a week or so, we will be at the cross practice. This year I plan on racing the entire series. Last year I raced twice on my mountain bike. Since cross also has paved sections you may loose time there. Also bar ends are not allowed in cross. The one area where you can gain or loose time is in the "barrier" dismounts. Tommy and went to Belgium last year, which is the Cross capital of the world. To see the top riders dismount/remount is an art. There is no skip-step nor hop-step when they get back on their bikes. They do not loose anytime whatsoever. The top rider from Belgium, Sven Nys is one of the only riders in the world who can bunny hop the barriers lap after lap. Only a few of the races in Europe have barriers. They do have, "fly overs". These are VERY steep bridges that require a hell of alot of speed and guts climb up and to drop off the other side. Its kinda like a table top in MX racing. They too have wicked long sand sections, most being about 100 yards in length. When the American riders go over seas they get creamed. Our top riders usually will get lapped and pulled from the race. Sorry for carrying on about cross but I don't have too much to do except sit in the dam chair with the ice pack on.

Fell down girl ... :(

Top Bottom