JORBAfest Live Blog Feed

wookie.jpg

OMG that is a keeper.

:hysterica:hysterica:hysterica:hysterica:hysterica:hysterica:hysterica

Many thanks to all for making such an enjoyable event happen....it just keeps getting better every year!
Steve and Tony led an exciting intermediate ride and managed to get everyone back to the festival with a smile!
We can't wait to do it again. :D
Larry & Brenda on the Screamcycle (big orange tandem)

Thanks a bunch for helping to hold our Intermediate ride together. We had a very diverse group, to say the least. When I returned Mark back to his parents, they were like "Oh, that wasn't the novice ride? Sorry" :)
Hey Jeff! It was nice meeting you. Did you manage to get back to the road via the powerlines? Marks parents should be sat down and scolded, they punished that poor kid!

Lol at the wookie picture, I was at the jamis booth when I heard a loud "ohhhhhhh" from the entire crowd, when I turned around, there was Frank with the bike on top of him..

Well...

MY excuse is that YOU talked me into it; being as to I'm a polite sort of guy I couldn't help but accept. :p

Next time I'll stick to my original plan of the never ever ride in the parking lot.

P.S. I scored some tires via the raffle, were you shut-out again? :D

Bill it was awesome to ride with you finally. You seemed to have caught a 2nd wind after that long rocky trudge up the hill. And at the raffle I won a great big NOTHING.

Hey Jeff! It was nice meeting you. Did you manage to get back to the road via the powerlines? Marks parents should be sat down and scolded, they punished that poor kid!

Likewise Mike. Looking forward to a ride at Jungle or wherever with you sometime. Mark was a trooper; I give that kid a lot of credit for trying to keep up. The powerline exit worked great for Mark and was mostly downhill.

On behalf of everyone at JORBA I want to thank you all for coming out and sharing the day with us. Based on all the metrics, this was probably the best fest yet and it was because of everyone that attended that made it special for us here at JORBA. I will be doing a more detailed write-up in this month's Dirt newsletter but let me take a few seconds to say a few words. First, let me start by saying we're all stoked on so many levels about the level of succes of this event. Second, I want to take a sec to thank all the Orange Shirted Volunteers... I know we do this a lot but it bears repeating... its too complicated an event for it to run without all the orange-shirted people that helped us make this a damn near flawless event. Thank you all who volunteered. Finally, the members of the bike fest committee and our Fest Director Karen Workman need special mention: with the challenges behind us now, it seems like distant memory of the work it took to make the fest killer but I cannot begin to explain the amount of work and organizational detail that went into making this happen to this level of flawlessness.

Finally let me thank the parents who brought out the kids to ride and attend the event. For me personally, there is no finer achievement to see the kids out and about smiling on their bikes. That's what its about.

Cheers!

p.s.

-number of people at the event: 900+
-amount of money raised for JORBA: $3000+
-seeing a Wookie getting "messed with" by Saquatch: priceless.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom