JORBA Memberships

Diggs27

Was checking out the JORBA website and seriously considering joining; however did see that most of their "projects" are up north; and was wondering whether or not if it would benefit me (considering I live in Mullica Hill). Also; on their membership page; I saw where you had to choose an affiliation; and was not sure what to put there.....was assuming it would be "member at large"?? One other thing; if anyone could please inform me more on how the pay dirt program works.....I see that if you race; you could use the "credits" to help with points; but are there any other benefits from it for us riders who do not race?? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

MikeP

JORBA has gotten involved at Ceres to help legitamize the riding there an they were very helpful at the inaugural TM day. I'm glad I joined.

Glenlivet12

Was checking out the JORBA website and seriously considering joining; however did see that most of their "projects" are up north; and was wondering whether or not if it would benefit me (considering I live in Mullica Hill). Also; on their membership page; I saw where you had to choose an affiliation; and was not sure what to put there.....was assuming it would be "member at large"?? One other thing; if anyone could please inform me more on how the pay dirt program works.....I see that if you race; you could use the "credits" to help with points; but are there any other benefits from it for us riders who do not race?? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

You don't need an affiliation thats just if you've got a fondness for a certain park or help with TM's there already you can list it but member at large is fine. Pay dirt is for racers, it helps get you a few extra points or something which can really help if its a close season. Other than that it doesn't really mean much for the non racer.

Careful what you say about not sure if donating would benefit you; some folks can go give you a lengthy reason why it would(either volunteer time or monetary)...Most NJ parks are north of you( Wharton, Estelle manor and Ceres are all pretty close to you though!) There are trail maintenance's every month at just about all of the parks so there is always some project to do at the parks.

JORBA helps keep all of their parks open to MTBers and they are always pushing for more access in more parks but they need more help both physically and financially to support all the efforts. I was surprised to learn how many parks where on the verge of banning bikers before someone stepped up and put out the fire. Complaints happen more often than you think about mountain bikers and its the work that JORBA does that helps keep our karma bank overflowing at a lot of these parks.

Anyway, i hope you decide to join its a great group of people. At the very least check out some of the trail maintenance sessions at the parks near you and get a feel for what its about.

zip

Many bike shops give a discount to members of Jorba. You get a membership card when you join.

Frank

Sasquatch
Was checking out the JORBA website and seriously considering joining; however did see that most of their "projects" are up north; and was wondering whether or not if it would benefit me (considering I live in Mullica Hill).

It's no secret that JORBA was focused primarily in the North, there are simply more riding opportunities there. But we are determined to help the southern folk with more riding as well. As mentioned there is Wharton, Estelle, and Ceres but we are currently working with other parks as well.

Also; on their membership page; I saw where you had to choose an affiliation; and was not sure what to put there.....was assuming it would be "member at large"??

It's an opportunity to show support to a particular park, but in no way necessary.....just chose "member at large"

One other thing; if anyone could please inform me more on how the pay dirt program works.....I see that if you race; you could use the "credits" to help with points; but are there any other benefits from it for us riders who do not race?? Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

The Paydirt program was indeed designed to get more folks involved in trail maintenance and it has focused on racers. But we are trying to figure out ways of it benefiting the non-racer as well, believe it or not, it's on our to-do list. But it currently does benefit you....better trails, and we are working on more of them.

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
You don't need an affiliation thats just if you've got a fondness for a certain park or help with TM's there already you can list it but member at large is fine. Pay dirt is for racers, it helps get you a few extra points or something which can really help if its a close season. Other than that it doesn't really mean much for the non racer.

Careful what you say about not sure if donating would benefit you; some folks can go give you a lengthy reason why it would(either volunteer time or monetary)...Most NJ parks are north of you( Wharton, Estelle manor and Ceres are all pretty close to you though!) There are trail maintenance's every month at just about all of the parks so there is always some project to do at the parks.

JORBA helps keep all of their parks open to MTBers and they are always pushing for more access in more parks but they need more help both physically and financially to support all the efforts. I was surprised to learn how many parks where on the verge of banning bikers before someone stepped up and put out the fire. Complaints happen more often than you think about mountain bikers and its the work that JORBA does that helps keep our karma bank overflowing at a lot of these parks.

Anyway, i hope you decide to join its a great group of people. At the very least check out some of the trail maintenance sessions at the parks near you and get a feel for what its about.

^ This! Well said!

OP: As one of the riders that helped keep Morris County parks from going the way Essex County (South Mtn) and Union (Watchung) did in '94/'95, I can vouch for the power in numbers. Sign up! You'll be in good company, increase our representation, learn a lot, and likely meet even more great folks.

Diggs27

Ok guys; decided to take the plunge and joined JORBA......signed up last night around 10-10:30 using my credit card through PayPal. Got an email this morning stating that even though I have a member account created; I have not finished the payment process. I did however receive a receipt last night upon completion of filling out all required info and payment through Pay Pal. Signed up for the 35$ package; and as soon as I made payment through paypal; got a receipt stating that "You sent a payment of $35.00 to Jersey Off Road Bicycling Association" then has an invoice type of layout; then states keep this receipt number for future reference in case I need it when I contact customer service at JORBA or Pay Pal. receipt # is 2608-5309-2727-1286. I was wondering why I received an Email from JORBA stating that my payment is not complete when I received an E-mail from paypal with receipt attached??

RonC

ZGOZZ Macman
Ok guys; decided to take the plunge and joined JORBA......signed up last night around 10-10:30 using my credit card through PayPal. Got an email this morning stating that even though I have a member account created; I have not finished the payment process. I did however receive a receipt last night upon completion of filling out all required info and payment through Pay Pal. Signed up for the 35$ package; and as soon as I made payment through paypal; got a receipt stating that "You sent a payment of $35.00 to Jersey Off Road Bicycling Association" then has an invoice type of layout; then states keep this receipt number for future reference in case I need it when I contact customer service at JORBA or Pay Pal. receipt # is 2608-5309-2727-1286. I was wondering why I received an Email from JORBA stating that my payment is not complete when I received an E-mail from paypal with receipt attached??

Cool :D

Shaggz

A strong 7
Did you remember to give them your checking account routing and Social Security numbers? They have $4600000 USD sitting in an overseas account taken from Somalia insurgents that they wish to share with you.

I'm sure all is good and if there are any issues, Frank will help to make sure they are resolved.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG

Diggs, I think the PayPal transaction didn't report back to our membership system correctly. It might be related to a recent cut-over from our older site located at www2.jorba.org to our newer site www.jorba.org. In any case I've gone into the membership system and corrected you as paid up in full. You're all set. Your member package will be processed in the next batch and we apologize for the inconvenience of the botched transaction. And we thought the wonderful interwebs was supposed to make things easier. ;)

Thanks for supporting JORBA's mission!

Top Bottom