JORBA Jam 23 aka NJMTB fest

About to register. How much room is there for RVs? I have a 29' and was debating staying Saturday night

An absolutely massive lot. There were 2-3 last year and they barely used the top row of the lot.

1692364692493.png

I am a bit confused (very easy to do that) with the registration page. If I want to do multiple rides do I sign up for general admission and a specific ride or just the ride which says + general admission? If the ride includes general admission you end up paying it multiple times.

I am a bit confused (very easy to do that) with the registration page. If I want to do multiple rides do I sign up for general admission and a specific ride or just the ride which says + general admission? If the ride includes general admission you end up paying it multiple times.
There should be a note in the Event Notes - all guided rides include general admission. If you want to do a second ride, it will be $10, should be reflected at checkout.

Based on the times for the different rides, it will be difficult for you to do multiple guided rides.

Based on the times for the different rides, it will be difficult for you to do multiple guided rides.
That's true - our first few years we had rides with 30-40 or more riders on rides, which was unmanageable. The last few years we've gone to limiting the rides to 15. It does mean less guided rides spots, but the hope is that it is a better quality experience. Hopefully the person who does one of Kathi Krause's Beginner Clinics (can't recommend these enough!) can get on a beginner ride later in the day, etc. Hopefully before or after your guided ride, you go check out a demo bike, or go for another ride with friends, etc. - it's all about hanging out with fellow mountain bikers and supporting JORBA!

That's true - our first few years we had rides with 30-40 or more riders on rides, which was unmanageable. The last few years we've gone to limiting the rides to 15. It does mean less guided rides spots, but the hope is that it is a better quality experience. Hopefully the person who does one of Kathi Krause's Beginner Clinics (can't recommend these enough!) can get on a beginner ride later in the day, etc. Hopefully before or after your guided ride, you go check out a demo bike, or go for another ride with friends, etc. - it's all about hanging out with fellow mountain bikers and supporting JORBA!
Also, in the past, we've scheduled afternoon rides, and they were poorly attended. If there is enough demand, we're open to trying to schedule a later ride or two in that time frame.

Last year, it was just myself and 2 others getting led around by @V-Dub for the advanced ride. I was done and ready to eat burritos when finished. Test rode a few other bikes on the demo loop afterwards.

Last edited:
Last year, it was just myself and 2 others getting lead around by @V-Dub for the advanced ride. I was done and ready to eat burritos when finished. Test rode a few other bikes on the demo loop afterwards.
The advanced ride is never a big ride, but it sure is fun! New demo loop this year too - stay tuned!

I'll also mention that was my 3rd day in a row of getting a guided tour from Dave and many other well known members of MTBNJ. Jungle on Fri, Ringwood/Sterling on Sat, Advanced ride Sun. It was awesome.

Unfortunately I will be missing it this year.
Bummer that your schedule conflicts this year! We strive to lock in this same weekend every year, so let's work on the jdurk family schedule for '24 =)

Was hoping to do the beginner ride at 9:45 in the morning and the 1pm intermediate ride in the afternoon. Hopefully, that's doable if not I will do the beginner ride at 10:45. I was ok with the beginner ride 2 yrs ago so hoping to try the intermediate one this year.

Unfortunately I will also be missing the Fest this year. Ken you'll have to rep South Jersey and pork roll sensibility for the rest of us!
I ordered a PREC PK in West Milford once by accident. Of course I accentuated the Pork Roll part. The response was, "Did you mean a TAYLOR HAM Egg & Cheese?!" I quickly replied, "yes, I almost forgot where I was there for a second." She completed the experience with a stink eye which would have made generations of northerners proud, then winked and put the order in. To my surprise and delight, they actually held the salt. Years later, I learned that if the 1st response to an order for a THEC is not "Salt Pepper Ketchup?" then you are bound by north jerz code to leave and seek sammich elsewhere.

@V-Dub is the calendar complete? I noticed there’s no regular guy ride this year. Also, is there going to be any swag, volunteer registration etc?

@V-Dub is the calendar complete? I noticed there’s no regular guy ride this year. Also, is there going to be any swag, volunteer registration etc?
Gene will be doing something silly this year - like a trip to Australia or something dumb like that - so unfortunately no Regular Guy ride this year. We're working on some swag, and we'll post something about vol opportunities before the end of the weekend - stay tuned!

Back
Top Bottom