Going Long and Hard.

IMG_20220102_143201_085.jpg

Putting more shit on my bike as the days go by. Rear rack reminded me that I have the Topeak long struts for it that I haven't installed yet. Maybe later.

Sweet new gym addition.

View attachment 174651

This is great!! I’ve talked strength training and cycling for eons. People equate it to mass building cause they are unaware of the principles of proper strength training. Strength is the base for all athletic endeavors.

Keep this up and all the 6’2 180 pounders will be wishing they followed your lead on this as their MQ slowly deteriorates over time.

That bar has me gimpin' around today worse than any bike ride ever has 🤣

Good shit Jim!! sounds like tear down and build up or adding mass

Lets say i was born with a 6 cylinder engine. Id rather optimize that 6 banger than break it down and try to build an 8 cylinder. Kinda like separating strategy from striving if you would.

Neurological strength training for the mutha f’in win!!💪🏻

Ken used to say I was a V12. Of course when I was racing I had a 400watt FTP so I have no idea what I am now. Low cadence power would have me believe I sit firmly in the V8 camp, but in the gym I'm a V4 🤣

Using that site i see. Good shit huh

I use it when I'm routing through somewhere I don't know yet. In this case connecting White Haven to Milford via Gravel. I usually go to Jim Thorpe and then straight across to the Paulinskill, which I know every nook and cranny of that route. I want to ride the extended section of the D&L above White Haven into Wilkes-Barre and then go across to the top of the McDade. Quad Century :oops:

I use it when I'm routing through somewhere I don't know yet. In this case connecting White Haven to Milford via Gravel. I usually go to Jim Thorpe and then straight across to the Paulinskill, which I know every nook and cranny of that route. I want to ride the extended section of the D&L above White Haven into Wilkes-Barre and then go across to the top of the McDade. Quad Century :oops:
Yeah- it is total geek out material!!

Ive made about 10 routes so far. I make sure i have some relief in case dookie hits the fan. So far, ive knocked out three. Hoping to do a couple this year.

Woke up with a Migraine and Sore throat yesterday. Not sure what that's about. I've been working on some shitty basement bikes lately and I'm allergic to mold so hopefully that's all it is. I've been the only mechanic in the shop for almost 2 weeks so some of the bikes I'd pawn off are in my stand now.

I had to install a derailleur cable yesterday, I might quit.

Interesting Adventure Ride!

Just a heads up - D&L is still closed south of White Haven to Tannery Road this past weekend.
They are repairing a big section that got washed out by Hurricane Ida near the RT 80 bridges.
When you see the fence blocking the D&L at the Tannery Trailhead, detour by turning right on the Tannery Road, cross the Lehigh, turn left on River Road.
Note River Road is also closed to traffic but you can ride thru the detour signs and ride around the road section that is washed out.
Turn left on to 940, cross the Lehigh again into White Haven, turn right on to Main street, D&L trailhead is at the end of Main Street.
D&L trail ends at Mountain Top, road from that point down to Wilkes-Barre

Back
Top Bottom