Going Long and Hard.

400w FTP? Like for real?

Fo' realz. NP for this ride was 418.

Screenshot_20220105-094919_Strava.jpg

Did you delete your power file off this so we couldn’t stalk you? I guess I’m just in awe of that amount of power, coming from someone who can only do 400w for 90 seconds lol

I think I was way over 400W once, it was a very brief moment though (thankfully) as I was being electrocuted by a piece of machinery that I was testing in a B&D plant in Fayetteville, NC around 2000. I lost my vision for a few minutes and I was told I was making funny moves on the floor, sadly it was before Strava even existed so you will have to take my word for it. Or are you talking of some other wattage here?!?!?

Did you delete your power file off this so we couldn’t stalk you? I guess I’m just in awe of that amount of power, coming from someone who can only do 400w for 90 seconds lol

It's in here somewhere. I don't have the good Strava so I can't see my actual file, I'm sure it's somewhere though. The 2 years I raced TTs I was able to hit those numbers because I was training specifically for that effort. Now I probably can't hold 400 for 10 minutes...This is from my last beach ride. I'll generally put in tests on the sand because it's the only way I'm motivated enough to do it.

Screen Shot 2022-01-05 at 2.18.37 PM.png

I went super deep into your archives of TTs, this the only one without a power meter doe, the other ones all have power files lol

Being I'm off the bike for the weekend with a pulled back, I'm doing some ITI prep.

First I tried burning my house down with my new stove.

20220108_094529.jpg

Then we went to EMS to buy a few 1,000 calories worth of meals. I'll start laying out each drop bag as we get closer and find out what's actually happening with the C19.

20220108_150653.jpg

I need a lot more oatmeal.

Being I'm off the bike for the weekend with a pulled back, I'm doing some ITI prep.

First I tried burning my house down with my new stove.

View attachment 175573

Then we went to EMS to buy a few 1,000 calories worth of meals. I'll start laying out each drop bag as we get closer and find out what's actually happening with the C19.

View attachment 175574

I need a lot more oatmeal.

Resilience🤘🏻🤘🏻

I got lucky and picked up a teeter hang up on clist for $50. It can be used proactively as well. Thinking of the spine as an accordion, gravity really never gives it a break from a compressed state. It certainly not a catch-all but for that price i was like... F it. If i sleep wrong or specifically after long rides, hanging feels really good on the back coming out of a static position with the benefit of moving blood away from the feet.

Edit: catch all gets a hyphen😂😂

Last edited:
Buttoning up ITI gear. Needed a new headlamp so...this is a new headlamp. Ordered what I think will be the other 1/2 of my meals outside of snacks. I'm sticking to the 3 basic food groups for top tube food. Swedish Fish, Peanut Butter Cups, and Peanut Butter filled Pretzels. I'll stash something different in each drop and see what happens along the trail. Being Vegetarian in Alaska is not easy so I can't eat anything at any of the lodges. Although in Skwetna I had a pizza so that was good. And they had Oatmeal in Nikolai. Once you get further in it's basically just meat so I need to carry a lot. I also had to order a bigger pot because my new stove doesn't fit inside my old one. That should be here mid week.

20220109_193836.jpg

Are you going to bring lithium AA's to AK? How much do you end up using the light?

I made the last Apex upgrade 420 lumens when I was product manager at PTec. If I was still there this one would def be 666 lumens.

I do pack Lithiums. You don't need much light out on the rivers and open sections. I ran an Apex Extreme for 5 years or so and that was more than enough.

Back
Top Bottom