Going Long and Hard.

Once they cut the retailer out they don't need to raise the price to make the additional profit.
They don't need to, does that mean they won't? My point is that with no competition they can justify prices with any possible excuse and most likely get away with it. Not that they need to.

They don't need to, does that mean they won't? My point is that with no competition they can justify prices with any possible excuse and most likely get away with it. Not that they need to.
They still have competition. Specialized can't raise prices too much or Trek takes all the business.

Serious question for all of the shop people in here. When bikes come in/before they go home with a customer, what level of service do they generally go through? I know that some places will, say take off a swingarm to make sure that suspension pivots are greased, check brake tab facing, true wheels etc, but is all of that generally done? I guess I'm saying that it's not hard to assemble a bike, but it is certainly more involved to do it well and the end customer may not notice/care (unfortunately).

They have tons of Competition from companies like Canyon who are nailing the DTC Model.
They still have competition. Specialized can't raise prices too much or Trek takes all the business.
Yes, but I meant competition selling their own bikes. And a price cartel is something that has never been seen before...like ever. Also ties in pretty nicely with several brands being acquired by just a few big players.

Happy International SingleSpeed Day.

Celebrated by riding the FIX13 up the bad side of Washington Rock. The stingy ouchy side.

PSX_20211102_094319.jpg

strava7587563921989780834.jpg

$2500 for the frame, rear shock, and headset. Could also work a deal for the AXS dropper because the Stumpy is a different size.

Back
Top Bottom