Jeep King of the Mountain at Diablo in August

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Sweet. I didn't know it was coming local. And Minnaar and Peaty are apparently jointing the (3-stop) tour along with Lopes, Carter, Prokop and Kintner. I'm going!

August 22-24

DownhillR3

Whoa no way, where was it stated that Peaty & Minnarr were coming along with the rest of the pros? That's insane if they come!

Didn't see their names on the RM forum flyer.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
It's on the 48Straight site...

"The 2008 season for the first time will incorporate the action-packed, fast-paced dual slalom format, taking place on competitor inspired racecourses filled with berms, jumps, bumps and other man-made elements. Cycling’s most accomplished tactical and pure downhill racers, including World Champions Greg Minnaar, Brian Lopes and Eric Carter; U.S. National Champions Rich Houseman and Melissa Buhl; World Cup Champion Steve Peat; and Beijing Olympic Games athletes Michal Prokop and Jill Kintner, will stake their claim for the coveted crown, a share of the rich cash purse and the keys to a new Jeep. "

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Already told the wife I'm going. Making a day of it. Adding a few more sharpie sigs to the bike and tell Lopes I'm faster than him.

jbogner

NYCMTB: President
JORBA.ORG
Sad to say it, but I'm going to skip 24 Hours of Allamuchy to watch and ride at the KOM...

dhsean

This is going to be awesome. I'm going to ride around the pits with a case of Stella and get drunk with Peaty. It's been a life long dream. :)

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
This is going to be awesome. I'm going to ride around the pits with a case of Stella and get drunk with Peaty. It's been a life long dream. :)
Now here is a man who has his priorities in order.:D

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Now here is a man who has his priorities in order.:D

There probably hasn't been a more inspiring and defining MTBR rider since Tomac. Lopes is a machine but has zero likability, Sam is amazing but lacks charisma, Adam Craig is funny but almost unknown outside the US and hasn't won at the world level yet (outside the SS champs) and Sauser, Absolon and the other XC guys just don't inspire. Peaty's not my favorite rider but he's without question the biggest and best ambassador the sport has. I'd want to drink with him too.

NJMX835

It's on the 48Straight site...

"The 2008 season for the first time will incorporate the action-packed, fast-paced dual slalom format, taking place on competitor inspired racecourses filled with berms, jumps, bumps and other man-made elements. Cycling’s most accomplished tactical and pure downhill racers, including World Champions Greg Minnaar, Brian Lopes and Eric Carter; U.S. National Champions Rich Houseman and Melissa Buhl; World Cup Champion Steve Peat; and Beijing Olympic Games athletes Michal Prokop and Jill Kintner, will stake their claim for the coveted crown, a share of the rich cash purse and the keys to a new Jeep. "

Where does it say that on the site?

I've been looking all over it & can't find anything about Peaty being there.

Hope there wasn't a change in plans...

Top Bottom