James Pearl Thinks Blogging is Dead

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today

...we started in Kentucky, hit WV to MD to PA to NJ. We did not ride bikes because we were running from the rain but more importantly we are both cooked like bacon left in the oven for 2 hours. Had a great cup of coffee in Charleston, WV.

In all, 2800+ miles of driving. 10 states, 9 systems, and a hell of a great trip. Thanks to @Dominique for this awesome birthday present.

I am so tired right now.

Blog post here.

aAm4HjK.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Today

I will pop in again to say that I am on the road yet again. This is for work, which is my 5th work trip to New England since I started this job.

Hit this random park west of Hartford called Nassahegon. No idea how I found it, and only 1 person I know has ever ridden there and it was in 2009. But it was on my travel map as a place to check out. Maybe something I saw on IG. Hard to say as everything was covered in leaves, as expected. Still I enjoyed it.

I am in Groton now, which is a nice little town north of Boston. I got an amazing dinner here.

Full blog post here:

Also, I just got a little tired of writing every day so I took a break. I may ditch the "today" concept soon because it gets kinda boring. Maybe 2022 will be the year of haiku. Or the limerick.

wG8DEIU.jpg

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
2 Day

I am still up here. It is cold up here but it's not like that, "It was warn and got cold," kind of cold, but that, "Up yours," kind of cold. More of the sense you can feel winter coming outside. Maybe it's the wind.

Rode this park called Russell Mill Pond which was a legit 6 minutes from where the client meeting was. It was decent but there's so much leaf cover it's hard to enjoy.

I am firmly in that camp of: Fall is the best season to ride until it sucks and it's the worst. I think it is now verging on the worst.

Blog post here;

yMu90zF.jpg

1speed

Incredibly profound yet fantastically flawed
2 Day

I am firmly in that camp of: Fall is the best season to ride until it sucks and it's the worst. I think it is now verging on the worst.

yMu90zF.jpg
LOL ... I was going to post something to this effect last night. I did a ride in Wiss and across Lincoln in the Spaghetti Bowl section, there are places where these huge leaves are just covering everything on the trail. In some spots, that makes it almost impossible to follow the trail and in others, it makes just objectively lethal. I was lucky I was going in the direciton I was, because there was one section that has this two foot deep hole in the middle of a hill but it was completely filled in with leaves so you wouldn't notice until you're right on top of it. Luckily, I was going up the hill when my front tire hit it. If I was going down, I'd have probably been pitched over the bars and over the cliff to my left. I love riding in the Fall becuse it just feels like I have more energy in cool air, but when the leaves get that bad, all that energy is wasted because I'm too old and too smart timid at this point to just ignore the dangers.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
3 Day

I am home.

Coffee, work, pizza, then drive home. I deferred the post work ride in lieu of the mediocre conditions and kicked this can down the road to another time. I do want to check out this Chelmsford stuff again some day. But I would prefer it be when the sun isn't starting to set at 3:45 and there are not 950 metric tons of leaves on the trail. Maybe next summer, we'll see.

Big miss on the 1981 ramen bar that I was recommended. When I got back to the hotel yesterday I realized this was a 1:10 round trip to which I said: F that. Next time.

I also just found out about 4 minutes ago that there is a good coffee shop about 100 yards from where I stayed, but in the other direction which I never went. Another one to hit next time.

Last day blog:

Dunno when I will make words into print again. Maybe tomorrow, maybe some other day. Lots of stuff going on these days so at some level, this rolls off. Or not.

S4I5TWc.jpg

Top Bottom