It only hurts when I laugh...

CDub

Picked this sweet thing up today at MCBP! That's not a scrape, that's an insta-bruise from a handlbar attempting to pass through my ribs.

fTllQl.jpg

I had a similar incident last year at Sprain Ridge. I swore I broke my ribs, but it turned out it was a real bad bruise. Hope you heal fast.

damn man. probably the worst bruise ive seen to date, keep us posted on pics as it changes to that lovely purple / yellow color lol

I always wear armor but the bar went in just below the rib/chest plate. Did it right at the end of Frog Pond; there's a wood bridge over a ditch and I slid off the wet wood and into that ditch sideways. Ripped a few spoke spoke nuts clean off and bent the front rim at about 10 deg.

Done this before in much the same spot; nothing is broken, just bruised or cracked. I can push on it without sharp pain, can lie on that side, etc.

Last edited:
I did that about 25 years ago and hurt like hell. A sneeze is the worst. Heal up quick Chris...

heal up quick dude.

Funny how those chest protectors dont always protect the way you think. Long time ago, got 3 broken ribs while wearing one. Arm went up and I came down on a big rock in that small area under your arm between the plates. Heard the crack. UGH

Back
Top Bottom