Indoor/Outdoor Winter 2018-2019

CrankAddictRich

Warren and Doug

Warren is a serial commuter.
Doug is a rock star.

DD is Douglas... gotcha. I don't see a Warren in the MTBNJ group.

I also just read the rules and see there's a bonus for swimming and running... is this a tri club now? hahaha Can the cyclists in the cycling group get a bonus for time above 250 watts?

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
DD is Douglas ... gotcha. I don't see a Warren in the MTBNJ group.

I also just read the rules and see there's a bonus for swimming and running... is this a tri club now? hahaha Can the cyclists in the cycling group get a bonus for time above 250 watts?

I'm trying to spice it up! whatever ya have time for in the winter.
if it was easy to scrape, i'd put a bonus in for time above 2x ftp or something like that...but it isn't.

check the Indoor Riding strava group - https://www.strava.com/clubs/winter-2018

Last edited:

iman29

after regretting my decision to NOT ride outside yesterday, I was determined to get outdoors today before the rain starts (4pm right?). And since my laptop is frozen and the trails are frozen, then road ride it is.

Well I was lucky enough to find 2 others to ride with (our little Work from Home club) so we headed up to a short loop around Lake Hopatcong. half way around the lake it started to drizzle/rain/drizzle and with the temps showing around 25F we all started to worry about the roads glazing over. Lucky it stopped raining on the 2nd half of the ride or we would have had to make "the call of shame".

Too cold for stopping for any pics but I did get this one of my brand new Pactimo winter jacket (I won the Grand prize raffle from Pactimo at GFNJ - $750 online store credit) This Jacket is so lightweight and thin but totally warm I went with less layers than normal and I was still a little warm despite the cold/cloudy damp day. ON a related note I made it to round 2 of their Brand Ambassador application process so hopefully I make the cut this year - 3rd time a charm?

Good to get out for 30 miles today before the next rain deluge comes tomorrow.

https://www.strava.com/activities/2098593329

miles 30.5
ride time 1:53
elapsed time 1:58
rain time: at least 15 minutes of drizzle
warm up time after ride: at least 30 min.

1548276313746.png

Tim

aka sptimmy43

I'm glad there is a bonus for running. As much as I despise it I don't have a trainer or a road bike so some days a run is the only practical thing I can do. I guess I could pedal my 6" full squish trail bike around on roads but that doesn't seem like a lot of fun... although it would definitely make me stronger. Sometimes I think I should have gotten in BIYF since I don't even own a trainer. Maybe next year. Now if only there was credit for alpine skiing...

CrankAddictRich

totally! been using there stuff for a while. we met in person a few times; once at the TT fitting demo at Marty's randolph. Your winning BA Video is still epic. ;-)

Ahhh... Ian, right? You gonna come out and do some more TT's this year? Thanks for the compliment on the video.. that was a fun day of shooting.

iman29

Ahhh... Ian, right? You gonna come out and do some more TT's this year? Thanks for the compliment on the video.. that was a fun day of shooting.
Yes Rich thats me! and yes planning to come back for some TT pain this season and see if I can improve my times. I know we will see you there crushing it again.

iman29

Got outside again today despite my disdain for the wind and cold. Always better to bring a few friends to not focus so much on the weather. The sun was nice but the wind got worse by the time we finished - good decision to cut off a few planned miles and head back sooner. And we caught the only tailwind of the day on the 2 mile stretch near the end.
No pictures today too cold to stop and bother with it.

3 Frozen Musketeers

24.5 miles
1:31 moving time

At least this will make riding this weekend feel much warmer I guess. and now that my laptop is having issues I will have to either switch "worlds" if I want to spin indoors until I get a new one. Hoping to try some trail riding again soon once everything dries out.

Top Bottom