Indoor/Outdoor Winter 2018-2019

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
is this obtained through zwift? if so, ill see you there soon!

level 30, so judicious use of power-ups.
or..... up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A

Patrick

Staff member
Ran into @Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST in London. He was warming up for the Hb zwift meet-up tonight. i think it is a 90 minute climb.
ooofa!

IMG_3052.JPG

i'm not sure why they leave all the telemetry on the screen - screwed up my shot going past the London Eye.

IMG_3053.JPG

Anyway - 25km finished in 4 of the 5 worlds. Innsbruck coming up.

Patrick

Staff member
Went back to London last night. I was feeling so crappy that i had to do something.
it kinda worked - will spare the details.

So the new "points" system in zwift, so ya can go to the virtual store, is driven by distance, pace, and grade. (oxford comma in place)
In addition, ya get a little bump if people give ya a 'Ride on' while on the bike. so during warm up/cool down/steady state riding,
it is easy to pull up the people around you and throw them a thumbs-up. little bit of a love fest.
i like to wave to the people behind me that do it. nice touch.

anyway, while site-seeing I grabbed a nice shot of Big Ben.

IMG_3062.JPG

notice the wheel suck strategy while grabbing the water-bottle. i'm not sure if they are reminding me to drink, or if the stroke
analysis may suggest that i'm drinking.

Also finished up the 5 world tour with Innsbrook - which gets me a chance to win crap. And level'd up to an 8. (bfd)
which unlocks crap. Solid 28 minute climb in that one which i did just below my ftp20 as observed by zwift (i have not done
the test protocol, it just pulled it from one of my rides) felt good, even on legs that could use a bit of recovery.

maybe it was innsbrook in the rain forest, cause i don't think this exists irl. at least i hope not.

IMG_3065.JPG

Patrick

Staff member
how does an indoor ride turn into a sh*t-show?

it is cool in the basement, so i usually warm up with the fan off. which is what i did today.
The pop-up, telling me the group ride was starting to assemble appears while i'm
saving the warm-up. ok, save, and "let's go" - but it just hangs - probably some race condition (if you like comp sci stuff)
now it is 90 seconds to start, and i'm on the first zwift screen, and it isn't prompting me to join, so i just hit ride -
the game drops me into nyc, but i'm supposed to be half way around the world in watopia. finially, another pop-up
to join and away i go. this is an endurance paced ride, attempting a steady power output, and reasonable heart rate.
5 minutes into it, i'm sweating. and tell Robert that I Forgot to turn on the fan! so i jump off the bike, and bump the table
next to me, which has my water bottle and a coffee mug on it. down they go, and the mug breaks - of course there is coffee in it!
i start the fan, put the water bottle back, and we are cruising again.

5 minutes later, the cat jumps on the table, and is looking at me. it isn't really a table, it is a computer stand for stage use.
it pivots, and down goes my water, snack bar, keyboard, mouse, remote for the tv, and remote for the apple tv.
great. we'll see how this goes. might be 15 minutes in now.

at 30 minutes in, my ass is starting to hurt, so i'm moving all over the seat. while i'm at that,
my intestinal issues decide to visit. well, if it happens in the basement, it could happen during a race, so i gotta go with it.
got the 40km in, and ready to start the day. think i'll start it with a shower and a nap....

IMG_3072.JPG

CrankAddictRich

pretty stoked on my trainer ride this morning... I hadn't given the Alpe Du Zwift a good go since last May or June and looking at the numbers from my previous PR, I knew I could take some time off.

I set a new PR by some 3 minutes or so and to top it off, I got lucky and won the LW Meilenstein wheels.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
pretty stoked on my trainer ride this morning... I hadn't given the Alpe Du Zwift a good go since last May or June and looking at the numbers from my previous PR, I knew I could take some time off.

I set a new PR by some 3 minutes or so and to top it off, I got lucky and won the LW Meilenstein wheels.

original.jpg

original.jpg
I won the lightwieght wheels first time up.
Just got lucky!

iman29

it is cool in the basement, so i usually warm up with the fan off. which is what i did today.
The pop-up, telling me the group ride was starting to assemble appears while i'm
saving the warm-up. ok, save, and "let's go" - but it just hangs - probably some race condition (if you like comp sci stuff)
now it is 90 seconds to start, and i'm on the first zwift screen, and it isn't prompting me to join, so i just hit ride -
the game drops me into nyc, but i'm supposed to be half way around the world in watopia. finially, another pop-up
to join and away i go. this is an endurance paced ride, attempting a steady power output, and reasonable heart rate.
5 minutes into it, i'm sweating. and tell Robert that I Forgot to turn on the fan! so i jump off the bike, and bump the table
next to me, which has my water bottle and a coffee mug on it. down they go, and the mug breaks - of course there is coffee in it!

5 minutes later, the cat jumps on the table, and is looking at me. it isn't really a table, it is a computer stand for stage use.
it pivots, and down goes my water, snack bar, keyboard, mouse, remote for the tv, and remote for the apple tv.

at 30 minutes in, my ass is starting to hurt, so i'm moving all over the seat. while i'm at that,
my intestinal issues decide to visit. well, if it happens in the basement, it could happen during a race, so i gotta go with it.
got the 40km in, and ready to start the day. think i'll start it with a shower and a nap....

View attachment 89757
Wow that was a series of unfrotunate events but I did LOL literally. RIP coffee mug. Thanks for sharing.

Glenn Rides After 4 PM CST

Team MTBNJ Halter's
1hr on the road to ruins loop.
Tried to stay zone 2 41% and 3 50%
I'm feeling pretty good pedaling now a days. looking forward to riding outside soon and hitting the trails. Only 3 MTB rides since December .
Screenshot_20190310-212540_Companion.jpg
Screenshot_20190310-212548_Companion.jpg

thegock

View attachment 89757

EPIC fak3 RIDE

Patrick

Staff member
2 weeks left people - i'm not cool enough to do a video review, so i'll just say good job.
Check the 1st post for standings, and go after the person in front of you. Hold off the person behind you....

oh, and for @stb222 - they don't charge for rapha in the zwift world...and the unlock is via a code, don't even need to earn it.
i've kinda lost respect for them now...:D

1552303712765.png

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
2 weeks left people - i'm not cool enough to do a video review, so i'll just say good job.
Check the 1st post for standings, and go after the person in front of you. Hold off the person behind you....

oh, and for @stb222 - they don't charge for rapha in the zwift world...and the unlock is via a code, don't even need to earn it.

View attachment 89821
Ridiculous on so many levels

CrankAddictRich

View attachment 89821

What's the code?

iman29

Catch up posting from last week, been slacking on both riding and posting here.

March 5th

Skinny Tire Tuesday

Distance 24.5 mi
Moving Time 1:35:07
Avg Speed 15.5 mi/h
Elev Gain 1,785 ft

It was pretty cold but it didnt seem that windy when I left, so I decided to take an alternate route than my usual stuff since it's been getting repetitive.
Right about the time I thought about going back I was like, nah Im doing OK and added some more miles. Bad move. Headwind for about 5-8 miles the whole way back and I was underdressed with no chemical warmers ( I dont like to waste them on a ride for less than 2 hours).

No pics because I was so cold and didnt want to stop.

March 6th

Zwift Leg Intervals

After the wind the day before, it was even more cold and windy so I did some mild/moderate speed intervals on Zwift. Felt just about right and I still got a good workout in.

iman29

March 9th

03/09/2019 Marty’s Saturday - Slightly Uncomfortably Comfortable

Distance 37.1 mi
Moving Time 2:10:15
Avg Speed 17.1 mi/h
Elev Gain 1,824 ft

After taking 2 days off because I had ZERO motivation to do anything (plus it was really cold and windy those days), I made it out to the weekly group shop ride.

While it started out in the 20s in the morning when I left at 7am, it was sunny and it never really felt cold and it warmed up a bit later on. Todays group ride was a planned Tempo-ish pace with enough regrouping so no one got dropped off the back. That being said it was not a slow pace by any means. I did about 45 minutes of pre ride beforehand since I need to warm up my legs before putting down any efforts and I also wanted to get some extra miles since I had to peel off the group ride early for kids basketball playoffs. ( We lost :()

After feeling a little sluggish during the pre ride, the legs and lungs opened up quite nice and I was able to hang with the group for the planned amount of time. Its always amazing how the group can help keep you going and motivated even when youre pushing yourself a bit more than you would solo.

Oh and I collected SAP (Spouse Approval Points) for getting back home precisely when I said I would)

Pre-ride pic only because big gloves are a PITA and no pics during a group ride like this one ;-)
1552309269401.png

Patrick

Staff member
got enough drops for the evo frame and enve ses 3.4 wheelset......

Top Bottom