in the market for good 29er race wheels

RGebel

looking for tubeless race 29ers
currently looking at Crank brothers and DT swiss.

Any input i can get would be great

thanks

consider a custom wheelset. For the same price or even less you can get someone to build a set for you. Thats the route most take anyway.

For rims, Stans crest or the china carbon are two that come to mind. For hubs, DT swiss and hope are both great.
If you're in bridgewater, Jim @ highgear is pretty close and builds a solid wheelset.

I love my Stan's crests laced to stan's 3.30 hubs. I weigh about 170lbs, I race often, and I've never been accused of being a smooth rider. These wheels have been great for me. They are easy to rebuild and are convertible to just about any hub configuration. And they are cheap.

I don't think you can really go wrong with a set of stan's. The arch EXs should be good for you. I've been running a Hope rear for a few years now. No complaints but I only really hear good things about the stans hubs also. I would listen to the general sugestions of people you ride with who ride where you ride.

There are a lot of great wheels but I'm partial to Mavic. I've had great success with Crossmax SLR and despite being 210 I even use them for training. If it can be arranged I have demo wheels if you'd ever like to try them.

Back
Top Bottom