In need of a small cross bike

jackie

I'm looking for a good small cross bike to buy or use, complete with good wheel set. I'm a 5'2" female so probably need 48 or smaller if there is such thing. If you have anything or know anybody selling or not using theres, let me know! thanks.

You may want to check Campmor - last year they had some killer deals on Cyclecross bikes. Also Nashbar had one for $675 (GT) last week not sure if sale is still going...

I have an older Kelly Cross with a mish mosh of parts on it. It was what kelly called their 48x53, though the real measurements are seat tube is 48cm from center to top of top tube, and top tube is 52cm center to center.

But at 5'2", it might be a tad big for you.

It's not a complete bike, right now it is missing a stem, h-bar, brake levers, shifters, derailleurs, chain, and cassette.

The wheels are a pair of basically brand new Shimano R550's, headset is 105 or ultegra 1" (have to check) and I've got a pair of old school titus cranks on it with I think a 36 and 48 rings. Brakes are old school XTR canti's with scott/matthauser pads.

It's been gathering dust in my basement for a while. When I need a cross bike, I convert my rigid 29er by putting on drop bars and cross tires

This is what it looked like completely built up

Attachments

• kelly.jpg
    kelly.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom