I'M NOT SORRY!

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
well, i can only speak from my personal experience and i think women apologize way more than i've ever heard men do it... and i do hear newbies apologizing more than experienced riders... but i know i apologize when there's no need to. i just worry that i'm inconveniencing the group when, in fact, i've never been on a ride where people were actually pissed i was slow. it's a mental thing i guess.

like one time i was at one of ben's clinics and it was just me and one other guy. we did the skills and the ride afterwards and on the way back to the parking lot, the other guy sped off saying he was running late. i actually said "sorry" feeling like i made him late. but ben said not to apologize. it's not my fault he double-booked... and i was like: YEAH! why did i just apologize?! i'm here for the same reason he was and i left enough time for the clinic!

w_b

ALL our rides are casual pace... sometimes less casual, but

NO DROP :D
Thanks for posting! Yay bikes

qclabrat

Every thing is relative, I'm not particularly good at anything and find myself saying sorry lots. I used to be a decent pool player then one summer spent many lunchtimes at LoriJohns, I only played for table money and was sorry lots of times. But after playing with the hustlers, you really start to understand the game. To get better you gotta get out of your comfort zone and ride with folks better than you

greeek32

@sarcaro can attest that I never say sorry for being last nor do I feel sorry. I ride with lots of people that ride almost every day. I am very busy so I am lucky when I get to ride at all these days and I'm not going to feel sorry for being slower than people that ride all of the time.

That being said, these days I do try to look the fastest people in the eye while I puke. I figure that I owe them that much.

FitmanNJ

@sarcaro can attest that I never say sorry for being last nor do I feel sorry. I ride with lots of people that ride almost every day. I am very busy so I am lucky when I get to ride at all these days and I'm not going to feel sorry for being slower than people that ride all of the time.

That being said, these days I do try to look the fastest people in the eye while I puke. I figure that I owe them that much.

I'd even take it a step further -- even if you did have the time to train an equal amount to your riding friends, you still wouldn't owe any apologies to the others if you weren't up at the front of rides. You might just be less genetically-gifted for aerobic sports, and that's OK.

Now, if you were just riding slowly to honk-off the others, that would be another story...:)

Arwen's Mom

Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains
I'd even take it a step further -- even if you did have the time to train an equal amount to your riding friends, you still wouldn't owe any apologies to the others if you weren't up at the front of rides. You might just be less genetically-gifted for aerobic sports, and that's OK.
thanks. I needed that.
been riding daily for years and still suck at climbing
but I dont say I'm sorry
I say, catch ya on the down!

Top Bottom