Iditarod Trail Invitational 2019 Live Tracker

Anyone have the inside scoop about what’s going on? Hard to follow w/out the spot working.

i'm using raceflow with course and category set to 350. looks like jim is on the move again. his tracker checked in. the sunrise is at 8:26, (1326EST)
so there might be a little light given the snow and half moon high overhead.

then i do a page refresh here http://trackleaders.com/iti19i.php?name=Jim_Vreeland

Sun / Daylight Graph for Denali:

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/@5860558

Denali.jpg

In Skwentna eating breakfast. Was super cold on the river last night, -20/-30. Some lady had a sign on the trail for ITI racers to stop by for a bed and snacks, I did that. Slept just about 3 hours. Gonna make my best attempt to get up to Puntilla tonight but need to time it so I go over the pass at daybreak. I rode with Rebecca Rusch for most of the day yesterday.

20190224_174720.jpg

In Skwentna eating breakfast. Was super cold on the river last night, -20/-30. Some lady had a sign on the trail for ITI racers to stop by for a bed and snacks, I did that. Slept just about 3 hours. Gonna make my best attempt to get up to Puntilla tonight but need to time it so I go over the pass at daybreak. I rode with Rebecca Rusch for most of the day yesterday.

View attachment 88665
That's some amazing company you keep :)

Tyson Flaraty seemed to take a shortcut there for a bit. Anybody know the story behind that?

Go Jim Go, your kicking ass!

Tyson Flaraty seemed to take a shortcut there for a bit. Anybody know the story behind that?

Go Jim Go, your kicking ass!
Tyson Flaharty's tracking gave some pause when it was delayed and appeared to pause Tyson right at the turn off to Hell's Gate...
But the tracking now show's he's past that and on track to head up the valley to Rohn.

"The Iditarod should have a decent dose of shitty snow this year.
It snowed heavily last week in the Alaska Range and that snow is still not firmly packed in.
Most knowledgeable ITI watchers are predicting a winner in McGrath in about three days..."

Jim is slowly closing the gap on Rebecca - will probably catch her in finger lake if she stops. Hopefully they can work together to get through
to Puntilla tonight.

He doesn't show up on the elevation chart. Did he fall off a cliff???
JK
The race director is behind Jim. He better behave himself.

JK

do you know if the race director is on a snowmobile? what is the deal there?

JK

he is on my elevation chart - it is "zoomable" so look in the 100-120 mile range and filter on 350

Back
Top Bottom