I fashion my crown from Quetzlcoatl’s quills

gtluke

The Moped
tumblr_o2wudmCpYt1qc0n0xo1_500.jpg

Errbody ride bikes today. (at Jungle Habitat)

Continue reading...

gtluke

The Moped
bathroom update!
new vanity has a centered sink, had to move the drain over about a foot. surprisingly got the 1.5" brass T to spin without burning the house down. REALLY don't like using a rubber connector for this, but really there is no choice here. It's sooo tight. I'd use copper if I could find a 1.5" 22.5* bend. But I don't think it exists. I actually had to bend the PVC using a torch and heating it up in a few spots because it's so damn tight in there. Using 1.25" PVC it BARELY fits. Luckily it's so tight that it'll never move. Also had to move the hot and cold valves. What's cool is that since the sink is the only thing on the under floor copper, is I just moved the hot from the left to the right and now it's centered, and I just have to swap my pex to copper connection in the basement from hot to cold and back and it'll be correct again.

i-MKsKsrp-1903x1070.jpg

Cement board going up around the tub.
i-Wb44b2g-X2.jpg

Installed some 3/4" plywood between, not behind the 2x6 walls. I can't go behind it because half of the plywood is covering the floor framing of the other side of the house and it wouldn't fit. I have to put plywood in there for the back of the shower niche's i'm going to build. I don't want to use off the shelf niche's this time because I uniquely have this 2x6 interior framing. So I can make the niche much deeper. One niche on the left, one on the right. Actual size will be determined once I get the tile in hand.

i-9b6tW2S-1903x1070.jpg

see
i-mcPjc2w-1903x1122.jpg

Shower valves installed and tested. not leaking! woot!
i-D2j5z4L-X2.jpg

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I would have ditched that tub for big ass stand up shower, you know the one where you can have a shower head for you and one for the bike.

rlb

Why not leave the bend in the drain on the outside of the wall? Won't it be under the vanity?

gtluke

The Moped
Why not leave the bend in the drain on the outside of the wall? Won't it be under the vanity?
The drawers of the vanity will be in the way. It could fit, but if have to hack out a bunch of the vanity and it would look like crap when you open the center door.

gtluke

The Moped
Also is it going around another drain or a vent line?
Another vent line. I have a greywater system in my house, tons of drains in the walls. But I think the one in question is the downstairs bathroom sink vent.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
impressive maneuver -
that turn in the drain arm calls for a long radius 90, but should be ok, since it is a sink...

anything that isn't buried in the ground needs a shielded coupler.
they make them material specific - so 1.25cu to 1.25pvc (they make 22.5 and 30 deg pvc short bends too)
alternately, sweat a female cu threaded on, and use male pvc.

images

scavenge more pvc from somewhere, and rip out the copper for $$$. !!! more bike bits.
(ie, tie vents together in wall, sell copper, make less holes in roof)

for bending connections, use heavy duty tigerflex. can internet in short lengths. PVC shell welds to std fittings

see if a J hanger will attach the stub-out to the stud, otherwise a piece of wood coming up under it to maintain slope.

maybe some rigid insulation up in the corner of the tub, against the outside wall (above rafter?? is is outside?)

coming along nicely, niche envy.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
You can infinitely customize pvc with a heat gun and not have that burnt marshmallow look............

ktmrider

impressive maneuver -
that turn in the drain arm calls for a long radius 90, but should be ok, since it is a sink...

anything that isn't buried in the ground needs a shielded coupler.
they make them material specific - so 1.25cu to 1.25pvc (they make 22.5 and 30 deg pvc short bends too)
alternately, sweat a female cu threaded on, and use male pvc.

images

scavenge more pvc from somewhere, and rip out the copper for $$$. !!! more bike bits.
(ie, tie vents together in wall, sell copper, make less holes in roof)

for bending connections, use heavy duty tigerflex. can internet in short lengths. PVC shell welds to std fittings

see if a J hanger will attach the stub-out to the stud, otherwise a piece of wood coming up under it to maintain slope.

maybe some rigid insulation up in the corner of the tub, against the outside wall (above rafter?? is is outside?)

coming along nicely, niche envy.
Nice pick up on the 90 Pat , its a vent 90

Top Bottom