I Can’t remove tires from rim. What da ...

Well, the 27.5+ Fugitive setup was a fiasco. Turns out one of the high roller II+ has a very pronounced wobble. Tire is brand new, never inflated over 30 psi and only with a tube. I sent a message to Maxxis, we’ll see. Back to 29” for the time being. The bike did look cool though...

Yeah, my
1591544566454.png

has a wobble too, the company said "those are all handmade and sometimes that happens.
I said I wasn't happy spending over $100 for a wobble tire.
I guess it's OK for my trail riding, it's not like I'm doing high speed road racing.

Well, turns out I purchased the tires from CRC...I am checking with them if I have a valid claim with the tires being purchased back in August. If not I will buy another one from them, $29 cheaper than in the US...what could possibly go wrong, right?

Well, turns out I purchased the tires from CRC...I am checking with them if I have a valid claim with the tires being purchased back in August. If not I will buy another one from them, $29 cheaper than in the US...what could possibly go wrong, right?
I am not getting this... why are EU places so much cheaper? I got my NN at like less than half the price of Jenson. Of course... there was a shipping charge but for a pair.... it was a steal.

I am not getting this... why are EU places so much cheaper? I got my NN at like less than half the price of Jenson. Of course... there was a shipping charge but for a pair.... it was a steal.
Not sure why. it's not across the board either. The Maxxis High Roller + that I bought are $59 on CRC and $88 on JensonUSA, the Rekon+ that I want to buy for the El Mar 27.5+ setup are $81 on both CRC and JensonUSA...one thing I noticed is that almost no one in the US seems to carry the HRII+ in 27.5x3.0 so maybe CRC is just giving them away to clear their inventory...if that is the case, I'm hoping they send me a new one for free...not holding my breath though. I'm buying the Recons locally.

Back
Top Bottom