Hunter Not Doing MTBing Anymore?

When is the last time you biked there? I thought it was stopped years ago, but I could be wrong.

I saw that earlier this year, looks like they replaced it with the ZIP LINE.

Don't know if it is permanent. I never got the chance to mountain bike there, but all reports I heard, was that it wasn't very exciting.

But how does one discontinue Mountain Biking??? it sounds weird, or is it weird to me, just 'cause I'm from south of the border :p

When is the last time you biked there? I thought it was stopped years ago, but I could be wrong.

I haven't been in a while, maybe 3 years. But I could have sworn I saw some chatter about it as recent as last year and new additions they were putting in. And last winter I was tree skiing up there and came across some of the mountain bike features, so they haven't been completely removed.

I haven't been in a while, maybe 3 years. But I could have sworn I saw some chatter about it as recent as last year and new additions they were putting in. And last winter I was tree skiing up there and came across some of the mountain bike features, so they haven't been completely removed.

They are fixing the main lift at hunter. I read on a forum that is why they don't have mtb. We took the d lift last month for viewing the mountains.

IMG_2219.JPG

Back at the base we saw one mtber.

From memory they didn't allow mtb on belt parkway slope. That would have been the one I went down

I've only been to Hunter once and that was to ski. And unbeknown to me they don't have lights for later night skiing. And I had just taken a fairly long trip from central jersey and got there at 2pm. Bad taste in my mouth, I wouldn't even bother trying their bike trails.

A lot of the mountains up north (and out west) don't have night skiing. Far more real estate to put lights over than the smaller mountains near us and in the pocono's. I ski at Hunter every year....its fantastic. Shame you missed out.

How is your oversight their fault? Hunter is a great place to ride, just stay away on the weekends and avoid the backside unless they have some snow or you have some sharp edges.

Lack of night skiing was just a portion of the bad taste. I got to ride the entire mountain, and wasn't impressed nearly enough to come back out that way again. I can see a really large mountain like Killington not having night skiing but a smaller mountain like Hunter, just forces more people in a smaller time frame on less trails and thats a double negative in my book. ;)

So it wasn't just an oversight that makes me not go back there, just wasn't impressed, thats at all. :)

- Pete

I ski at Hunter every year....its fantastic.

My friend skis at hunter all the time, and speaks highly of it; she's been skiing since she was 2 and she's like 23 now. Unfortunately, last season I just got into it and it was too late in the season for me to plan a trip but i'm looking forward to boarding on the mountain; Never been on a mountain with my friend yet, but from the stories i've heard she tears up double diamond trails! supposedly, the conditions at hunter are comprable to some places in vermont. My friend also told me about the biking there because she knew how much of a huge mountain biker I am, but I've never biked or boarded there :(

Hunter is a decent mtn.Much too crowded on weekends .Nightlife is very good however.I would recomend taking a day off from work and going there during a weekday to avoid the crazy crowds and huge liftlines.If you must do weekends you should drive the extra 2 hours and hit Killington, VT which has a few snowboarding parks .It's well worth the extra drive and a much better mtn.Or if snowboarding is your thing you can hit Stratton the birthplace of snowboarding(Jim Burton).

Back
Top Bottom