Hunter Mountain Spring Classic

notwist

https://www.bikereg.com/Net/15789

Anyone doing this? I raced Battenkill as a Cat 5 and am thinking about doing this race as a Cat 4. Am I in for a world of hurt?

Also, it looks like this course includes some roads that are also used in the Catskills stage race (which I plan on doing as well). Anyone familiar with this route in particular?

Not very familiar with the course but total climbing is just over 5,000 ft spead out over 78 miles versus battenkill which was maybe 4,000 ft over 62 miles so don't think it would be wose then battenkill, just need to be prepared for the distance.

Just FYI you can't "decide" to just do cat4 if you haven't gotten an official upgrade. Regardless Cat4 will likely be a world of difference IMO. I don't have my upgrade nor am I able to at this point due to the amount of road races that you need to have in a 12 month period but am also strongly considering doing the race. My understanding is there aren't any real steep climbs but the whole thing is essentially long climbs like Perkins drive for example.

Back
Top Bottom