Hows Alpine Nj?

Astark

Whale Farts
I’m not sure if I’m going to ride in the morning yet or not. It’s been a crazy week and I have to go in again tomorrow. I’m definitely riding Sunday if it doesn’t rain tomorrow. pM me your number if you want to meet up.

mustclime

Alpine was awesome today, it was a little wet on the north side but the trails on the south side were great

Attachments

• 42D9AF8F-BF83-4F71-A560-6D57668F71C3.jpeg
    42D9AF8F-BF83-4F71-A560-6D57668F71C3.jpeg
    146.3 KB · Views: 336

Astark

Whale Farts
Ride yesterday. It’s ridable for the most part. There are some area that you have dismount and walk a bit because of mud especially when you get up the red trail in rockleigh.

went to alpine over the weekend, trails coming down from ruckman road were pretty good (hang em, sidewinder, yellow), but the beginning of the part that takes you over to the scout camp and rockleigh are really bad... who actually maintains these trails. I'd love to see bridges going across up there. Completely destroying the trails and its so sloppy. would love to help out, just not sure who to go to or if these are all just rogue trails still at this point. thanks

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
went to alpine over the weekend, trails coming down from ruckman road were pretty good (hang em, sidewinder, yellow), but the beginning of the part that takes you over to the scout camp and rockleigh are really bad... who actually maintains these trails. I'd love to see bridges going across up there. Completely destroying the trails and its so sloppy. would love to help out, just not sure who to go to or if these are all just rogue trails still at this point. thanks
There are efforts by the Palisades MTB group to establish a trail program there , currently there is nothing yet in place.

See the PMTB newsletter from January for details
http://www.mtbnj.com/forum/threads/palisades-mtb-pmtb.44057/post-771079

mustclime

The trails south of the road are more or less being built by Vini.... the Westwood crew are doing most of the work on the crossover trail. I have not met anyone doing work in rockliegh

ebineezer

Rockleigh is maintained by NY/NJ Trail Conference.

Like Jason said, PMTB are very close to legalizing trails at Alpine. Once that goes through, I’m sure a plan for maintenance & trail building will be put into place.

Attachments

• 09D55BDC-0DDB-4496-8E8C-AB71AF791FFF.jpeg
    09D55BDC-0DDB-4496-8E8C-AB71AF791FFF.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 305
When will Alpine get it’s own section? The TBW is putting in a lot of work and it’d be cool to track here how conditions are, upcoming rides, etc? Not sure who can add..

Top Bottom