Hi!

r1nb

hello everyone!

i just started on this sport because of an impulse buy. i haven't really rode any kind of bicycles since back in the day.

i mostly ride around my neighborhood for now. this is just part of my way of building up my stamina. and sometimes, i will bring the bike to timber creek park and go riding around there.

in a few weeks i think i will be ready and i will be heading out to ccc to try it out.

so far, the only bad thing about this sport is the way it makes me want to buy a dirt bike. its probably due to the fact that some of the hills i try to climb can be brutal.

peace
r1nb

Wealcome aboard,
the best advice is just ride more the more you ride the easier it gets on the climbs then it gets more fun....at least you found the right place for group ride information there are a bunch of parks by you that are a blast to ride remember to have fun :)

If you can get a couple good rides in per week, your climbing will improve rapidly. When I first started riding again, I was ready to quit and only do downhill, climbing sucked so bad. Now it's fun! <mostly>:D

welcome! i can def agree with dave, i ride a hilly trail once a week and have noticed a huge improvement in my climbs. all i want to do is ride now but the legs get so sore i need to make sure i dont over due it. have fun meet some people and remember focus on doing it right not doing it fast. speed will come with time. something else i am learning lol happy trails

riding the hills are definitely a pain, but its worth it because you end up finding a down hill section after wards.

im also in the process of learning on how to use most of the gears correctly. and using the right gears makes the climb a lot easier.

Back
Top Bottom