Hey regulars; Compare this ride to Six Mile/Mercer?

Are you doing all the H2H races?
If life apart from cycling allows. Mind you this is a fairly big "if".

To do the last 3 H2H races and All-A-Muchy means 4 straight weekends of racing. And then CX starts right after that.

If life apart from cycling allows. Mind you this is a fairly big "if".

To do the last 3 H2H races and All-A-Muchy means 4 straight weekends of racing. And then CX starts right after that.

I hear ya about "ifs". Throw in the Terror of Teaberry and the Chain Stretcher and you could have a 6 week run to end the season.

Keep me in the loop for these. The 15th is a TM day @ the Rock & I will give you guys a hard time if I see you riding while I'm working.;) It actually doesn't start until 10.30am so an early start would work for me that day at least for the 1st part of the ride.
I now know my way around Allamuchy pretty well & I'd be willing to lead a ride there. What's the day for Rosh Hash?

Kirt

Keep me in the loop for these. The 15th is a TM day @ the Rock & I will give you guys a hard time if I see you riding while I'm working.;) It actually doesn't start until 10.30am so an early start would work for me that day at least for the 1st part of the ride.
I now know my way around Allamuchy pretty well & I'd be willing to lead a ride there. What's the day for Rosh Hash?

Kirt

The last time I was there Woody & I rode over the "maintenance in progress". I felt a little bad, but not that bad. Later I talked to that guy Bob (from Montclair) that I guess was running it. Real nice guy. If we see you doing TM during Hard Core MTBNJ.com Training season we're running you over :D

I have a GPS track of the 50k from last year. I don't think we'd want to do it all, but probably some of the tougher parts. Chris wanted to get a feel for how the place matches with his rigid SS.

I have a bunch of vacation days left too and can take weekdays off here and there. Fred works nights so can make early weekday rides so perhaps a little group could get together for some rides between the weekends.

The last time I was there Woody & I rode over the "maintenance in progress". I felt a little bad, but not that bad. Later I talked to that guy Bob (from Montclair) that I guess was running it. Real nice guy. If we see you doing TM during Hard Core MTBNJ.com Training season we're running you over :D

That was Bob B & he told me he ran into someone I knew. He was covering for Me & Bob A as we were at the dark horse. We're probably going to work in the same area doing some armoring on the 15th. There's still a few dates left for this year for you the show up.:hmmm: We have a big project planned for the Oct date & we could use the help. Details coming next month.

I have a GPS track of the 50k from last year. I don't think we'd want to do it all, but probably some of the tougher parts. Chris wanted to get a feel for how the place matches with his rigid SS.

Got it. Rigid SS should be fun.:rofl:

That was Bob B & he told me he ran into someone I knew. He was covering for Me & Bob A as we were at the dark horse. We're probably going to work in the same area doing some armoring on the 15th. There's still a few dates left for this year for you the show up.:hmmm: We have a big project planned for the Oct date & we could use the help. Details coming next month.

Ok, cool, let me know. I've convinced Woody to join as well, at least in theory. Just as long as the October date doesn't clash with the picnic or a race. Maybe we could try to get a big MTBNJ contingent that day.

I have a bunch of vacation days left too and can take weekdays off here and there. Fred works nights so can make early weekday rides so perhaps a little group could get together for some rides between the weekends.

Give me date and time and ill make it happen. Most likely.

Kirt
Rosh Hashanah is Thursday 9/13. I'd be delighted to do a ride up north of some sort that morning. I'd actually have more time that day than on Saturday 9/15, I'd suspect.

Rosh Hashanah is Thursday 9/13. I'd be delighted to do a ride up north of some sort that morning. I'd actually have more time that day than on Saturday 9/15, I'd suspect.

I have Thurs. 9/13 and Fri. 9/14 off from work and a ride is happening at CR any time of day, I am in.

still havent made it out here, and once i turn my old hardtail into a geared bike again, i will be :)

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

Yeah I was reading this like it was started yesterday, then I noticed the dates.

I've been thinking about hitting up CR myself. I've got the day off on Friday but I'm guessing it will be too wet still?

i haven't been to 6MR yet since when i read about it everyone says its pretty flat. i'm kinda tired of flat. so i went to CR for the first time last saturday. woot!

i'm still trying to figure out in my mind how to attack the first creek crossing on red (going clock wise-ish). i just remember going almost head first into it...steep roots, then rocks, then a little water hazard and back up. ha.

the blue trail i went counter clockwise-ish. the beginning flowy part and the last half back down is super fun. love the 1-2ft drops here and there.

oh and it was downright slop in some parts but i still had a blast.

perhaps i'll go to 6MR for my next review. ;)

rainy weekend riding

its suppose to rain all weekend but if there's any chance of riding will this place be aight to ride? how's the drainage? is their anything nearby that might be better to ride swamped out?

its suppose to rain all weekend but if there's any chance of riding will this place be aight to ride? how's the drainage? is their anything nearby that might be better to ride swamped out?
Most of the places close to here dont drain well. You should wait and ride here another time.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions