Heloooo again! Long time no post

Chris Nordt

Well after 2 years and just as many surgeries, and another stroke (yes, I've had 3) but the cause has been removed,, i finally got back on the bike earlier this week!! Only did a loop at Cheesequake, wanted to stay local and keep things simple till I can build my stamina back up. I hope to hit 6-Mile soon, once i get my legs back! Now I just need the weather to cooperate haha!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Welcome back!
Glad you have that situated, cause holy crap!

see ya out there, from a distance of course.

Last edited:

Chris Nordt

Haha, thanks! Yeah I had a bad heart valve that caused the strokes, that's been removed and replaced with a carbon fiber valve (light weight upgrade!) And now that the Drs have cleared me to get back on the bike I'm ready to go, just need to get me legs/stamina back. I Had to stop riding in the Fall of 18' due to planters fasciitis in both of my feet, the following March I finally had the tendons cut in both feet since therapy just wasnt working. It took a while for my feet to feel good enough just to put on the bike shoes (then my cardiologist wanted me to stay off the bike anyways till I had the heart surgury which finally happened this past March, now that my feet finally don't hurt and falling off my bike won't kill me it's go time! Haha

Chris Nordt

Hi Chris, another one?!? looking forward to seeing you out there.

HEYYYY, how ya been? I had 2 strokes 5 years ago, the first while playing hockey, and the 2nd while in the hospital. Turns out I had heavy calcification on my valve, and some broke off and caused the strokes. Drs had me on meds since then (yes, I had already had the strokes and was on meds for those rides through 6 mile lol) , and they finally decided to replace the valve at the end of last year. Had the surgery in March, and as luck would have it the valve caused one more stroke as it was being removed lol

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
HEYYYY, how ya been? I had 2 strokes 5 years ago, the first while playing hockey, and the 2nd while in the hospital. Turns out I had heavy calcification on my valve, and some broke off and caused the strokes. Drs had me on meds since then (yes, I had already had the strokes and was on meds for those rides through 6 mile lol) , and they finally decided to replace the valve at the end of last year. Had the surgery in March, and as luck would have it the valve caused one more stroke as it was being removed lol
DO NOT TELL THE OTHER HOCKEY INJURY STORY !!! ? I still have nightmares

Chris Nordt

DO NOT TELL THE OTHER HOCKEY INJURY STORY !!! ? I still have nightmares
Haha,to be honest the stroke didn't hurt at all, just felt weird that I couldn't talk for 30 minutes.. dealing with the planers fasciitis hurt the most, I needed memory foam sandles just to get to the bathroom lol

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Welcome back! When you are ready you need a carbon fiber bike to match your new valve. Just sayin.

Top Bottom