Hello!

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Minnesota eh... Any chance you play hockey?

Not a chance...'not stick 'n ball (or puck) kinda' guy.

I lived in Minnesota for about 4 years, so I wasn't afflicted with the local culture (though the blonds & biking were nice)...but yeah, the majority of the XY natives there were hardcore hockey fans...most literally skating about the same time they could walk.

Without the blonds and the influence of Greg Lemond on the local bike culture, my time there would've been pretty drab...and cold...

SpartaBard

Not a chance...'not stick 'n ball (or puck) kinda' guy.

I lived in Minnesota for about 4 years, so I wasn't afflicted with the local culture (though the blonds & biking were nice)...but yeah, the majority of the XY natives there were hardcore hockey fans...most literally skating about the same time they could walk.

Without the blonds and the influence of Greg Lemond on the local bike culture, my time there would've been pretty drab...and cold...

oh well, I am always looking to pick up some players.

Big race today up at Jungle Habitat in West Milford. You can meet most of the regulars up there.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
oh well, I am always looking to pick up some players.

Big race today up at Jungle Habitat in West Milford. You can meet most of the regulars up there.

I'd love to, but alas, I need to finish closing my pool and schlep down to Newark to hop on a plane.:whoopdedo

I do know a few hockey enthusiasts (play regularly), but they live in Manhattan...

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
there are some smoother quad trails and dirt bike singletrack in the milton side of jefferson. take schoolhouse rd towards the resevoir, past the blinking light at ridge, and onto the dirt. <snip!...details>
-sean

Sean,
Thanks for this. I rode it today and it certainly has potential. The leaves made it a little spooky for a first time ride, especially since there seem to be a lot of ruts and rocks in some places. And there were a lot of big puddles from last weeks rains that were a pain. I think once it dries out and the leaves are blown away, it'll be a fine ride indeed.

The section from Oak Ridge Rd to Cross Road was a little more interesting than anticipated. Reminded me how rusty I am 'cause I wasn't comfortable attempting to clear some of the logs (read, got off the bike). And those man-made rock walls...I'll be happy once I get my chops back enough to clear those (if??)...

I rode from Cross back to Chamberlain. Thats a really nice run. Stumbled across a sandy little MX track that somebody made in the middle of the woods (w/a bulldozer). Tried riding some of it. Fell a lot. Got a LOT of exercise in the deep/loose sand. 'Had a good time :)

I now have to go get some logs thrown down on my driveway and start working on getting the rust off some more skills...;)

Thanks again.
Tim

Top Bottom