Hayes Stroker Gram brakes

Are you planning on only using one brake? It appears they only have fronts available, and rotor not included

Those are very similar to the Stroker Trail brake which I have been very happy with for years. I like the way the lever pushes directly against the piston in the master cylinder. No troubles at all, not even a bleed in 4 years.

I saw XTs for $99 each last week, might be able to find them still if you search around

I picked up a set (black option comes with 160mm rotors, white doesn't for some reason) from Price Point this past season and love how light they are and have great stopping power for everything but DH runs. My system's brake line came overfilled which were causing the pistons to not fully retract so after a few hard stops the pads would drag on the rotor. Did a bleed (bleeding kit comes with it) and they are flawless now. Depending on your application, Price Point does have the Stroker Aces which have gotten good reviews on MTBR.

You should be able to find a set of Primes on sale for $150 online. Really like these brakes. Overall, have Hayes on all my bikes and have been quite happy. Cheaper ones don't have as much stopping power but the Primes and the Stroker Aces I've found to be good.

Back
Top Bottom