Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

I give this a top rating... Trails are in great shape. Last night it started raining on me for the second day in a row but made the best of it and jumped over to Huber quickly and everything looks really good except one tree down on many log. Hitting it again this evening 530 start time if anyone wants to roll.

Fantastic conditions today at both Hartshorne and Huber. Crossed paths with a couple of folks with MTBNJ jerseys. Right now, it looks like the bulk of the snow that was previously being forecast is going to miss us, so should be great tomorrow as well (but why not head to Allaire and help out with the TM instead? :) )

Fantastic conditions today at both Hartshorne and Huber. Crossed paths with a couple of folks with MTBNJ jerseys. Right now, it looks like the bulk of the snow that was previously being forecast is going to miss us, so should be great tomorrow as well (but why not head to Allaire and help out with the TM instead? :) )
I think we crossed paths in huber. You have a rack on the back of your bike? I saw a beard and the rack... Thought. That's that guy from the board with a really big beard lol. Anyways, conditions are so prime right meow.

Ha, Yep, Myself, @pooriggy , @ChrisG and @GLawn passed you on the way out... You way playing around with you bike and stuff... Your beard looks shorter now.

upload_2016-3-19_17-9-59.png

Attachments

• 20160319_113640.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 90

I saw you in Hartshorne and in huber. great day to be riding

I think we crossed paths in huber. You have a rack on the back of your bike? I saw a beard and the rack... Thought. That's that guy from the board with a really big beard lol. Anyways, conditions are so prime right meow.
Yes, that was me with the beard and the rack on my bike, with my backpack full o' snacks and layers I had shed strapped on it. [I ride the Henry Hudson trail and some roads over to Hartshorne/Huber, so need to dress for less strenuous part of the trip, but once I hit Hartshorne, the layers come off - and I really hate wearing a backpack while riding.]
Ha, Yep, Myself, @pooriggy , @ChrisG and @GLawn passed you on the way out... You way playing around with you bike and stuff... Your beard looks shorter now.
Yep, as mentioned above, I ride over to Hartshorne from home, and had just arrived, so was busy adjusting from "road/rail trail" mode to "mountain biking" mode. Heh... the beard is the same length it's been for the past few years... how long it appears on any given day depends on how much I've combed it out (which is usually very little before riding, since it lands up in a tangled mess from the wind anyway), what color I'm wearing, the lighting. Ok, I know, TMI, back to bikes.
I saw you in Hartshorne and in huber. great day to be riding
Indeed! Great trail conditions, neither sweaty hot nor numbingly cold (although my fingers were getting a little tingly on the ride over to Hartshorne, but that was fixed once I started to get a workout there :) )

Yes, that was me with the beard and the rack on my bike, with my backpack full o' snacks and layers I had shed strapped on it. [I ride the Henry Hudson trail and some roads over to Hartshorne/Huber, so need to dress for less strenuous part of the trip, but once I hit Hartshorne, the layers come off - and I really hate wearing a backpack while riding.]
Yep, as mentioned above, I ride over to Hartshorne from home, and had just arrived, so was busy adjusting from "road/rail trail" mode to "mountain biking" mode. Heh... the beard is the same length it's been for the past few years... how long it appears on any given day depends on how much I've combed it out (which is usually very little before riding, since it lands up in a tangled mess from the wind anyway), what color I'm wearing, the lighting. Ok, I know, TMI, back to bikes.
Indeed! Great trail conditions, neither sweaty hot nor numbingly cold (although my fingers were getting a little tingly on the ride over to Hartshorne, but that was fixed once I started to get a workout there :) )
Great to meet you . I will stop next time to chat

I trim my beard down to less than an inch from March-October. It takes me 3 months to grow my beard back out to Winter length.

Fantastic ride this am. Trails were in perfect condition; rated it a 4! Great weather and friendly co-trail users . Love riding here!

few questions:
1. how quickly does this place dry out?
2. is Hartshorne and Huber considered 2 separate parks?
3. Can H and H be accessed from one starting (parking) point?
4. where is best place to park?
5. would Tatum be my cup of tea as a post-H&H venue?

1. It dries out quick. + We have not gotten much rain and I don't believe we will be getting significant rainfall in the next few days.
2. They are separate but equal.
3. Yes. Park in Clay Pit parking lot located on Locust ave.
4. See 3
5. Tatum sucks. Go to Carton Brewery post ride. It's 5 minutes away, Google it.

1. It dries out quick. + We have not gotten much rain and I don't believe we will be getting significant rainfall in the next few days.
2. They are separate but equal.
3. Yes. Park in Clay Pit parking lot located on Locust ave.
4. See 3
5. Tatum sucks. Go to Carton Brewery post ride. It's 5 minutes away, Google it.

thanks Ig

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions