Hartshorne/Huber Conditions

I thought I saw Mitch there a bunch of time? Just sayin.... :)*)
That's at Perrineville.

Help is greatly needed building new trail at Perrineville, these trails will be more flowee then Hartshorne.
20231108_153241.jpg

Thanks @Patrick. I love what I do. I need volunteers to do what I do.

Please volunteer where you ride. It makes trails better for everyone.

@don has been a big part of the improvements at Hartshorne, he has a good eye for it and the skills to build.

Thanks to the regulars, @knobbyhead , @smann , @ChrisRNC , Brian M, Beachboy Brian, Andrew, Roland, Steve.

Too kind with the words Iggy lol And @Patrick is right - you do a ton with your leadership, vision and hardwork (both mental and physical!) at Hart/Huber and the rest of the MCPS parks. The rest of the MCPS folks do a lot I'm sure but nothing on your level!

Hart/Huber are pretty difficult from a TM view as the topograhy, number of users, types of users, and soil give it a lot of variables to manage. But I feel the changes over the last few years have been a good mix of keeping the flavor of Hart/Huber while making sustainable fixes to the trail and improving the experience for the users.

Add to that the Monday morning crew has been firing on all cylinders. I was late and worn out (after overdoing it with activities on Sunday) this past Monday and blown away with the amount of work the rest of the crew did and at a very good level of quality. @pooriggy Iggy has been integrale in showing the volunteers how and why the work is done and they've learned from his detail finish routine to produce some amazing results.

Although no matter how good it is, Ig will give it his once over at the end ;)

think I rode over 6, 7, or 8 sections
Thanks for noticing. Since pruning back trails is done this time of year, I've been going in with the Thursday crew to do roving trail work, which is typically a one and done session, addressing trail issues that have bothered me for years. This combined with the big dig Monday crew equates to much stuffs getting done.

How does this place look for Saturday? Considering it as an option if the group ride at Clayton is called off.

We took a chance here on Saturday based on the report on Clayton and being similar sandy soil. We rode just shy of 19 miles and had little to no mud at all. Everything was riding great, hero dirt with just a few soft areas. This place drains really well, just watch out for the alligator, he was hungry and was very aggressive...

WARNING; TREE DOWN AT HUBER

There is a tree down at Huber on Many Log Run. This is in a bad spot, you're carrying speed on the downhill and the tree blends in with surroundings.

I skidded to a stop and narrowly avoided getting decapitated.

20240201_134724.jpg
Screenshot_20240201-162916_Drive.jpg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions