Hardrock saved from the dumpster!!!

MST.ESQ

I just got this bike from a co-worker who was on her way out the door to throw it away. I told her she could get a gazillion bucks for this on Craigslist by advertising it as a "vintage world cup MTB racer" but she did not believe me and insisted on throwing it out - so I grabbed it, ran down the hallway and locked my door! I could not find what year this is on Bikepedia...

What to do? Rail-trail exercise bike for wife? Powdercoat and convert to SS for use in NYC? Either way, it gives me an excuse to rummage through the 5-and-dime parts boxes at my favorite bike shops!!!

Attachments

• Hardrock.jpg
    Hardrock.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Nice one I got my hard rock in similar fashion don't know the year of mine either but i suspect it's 2003 or higher, Anyway friend had it, chain was rusted he told me $40 takes it so I had to pony up heh.

If you know the year of mine I would appreciate it

Attachments

• P7220013.jpg
    P7220013.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 32
Looks like you have a 2005 according to Bikepedia. IMO, $40 was an absolute steal!

http://www.bikepedia.com/QuickBike/...nd=Specialized&Model=Hardrock Sport&Type=bike

Ah thanks that's a neat site there, yeah was a good deal he had just bought a gary fisher so don't think he cared to put money in it, Changed the chain and first gear seems to be a problem chain jumps a lot but can't complain to much it was only 40 bucks lol.

But that's a nice vintage bike you got there looks great!

Judging by the lettering and the biopace chainring I'd say the old one is about a '91 or '92 model. I say keep it stock for a rail-trail bike.

Back
Top Bottom