Half off Pacenti wheelsets ...

Thanks. I checked the Pacenti site, but I did not see specs. listing the approximate weights of the various wheelsets.

Just a heads up, every single Pacenti rim I've ever seen has either cracked or will not hold true. Not good stuff.

Just a heads up, every single Pacenti rim I've ever seen has either cracked or will not hold true. Not good stuff.

Great, thanks. Now I'll worry about this every time I'm on my road bike. Even more comforting I went with the low spoke count on my road wheels. :(

Great, thanks. Now I'll worry about this every time I'm on my road bike. Even more comforting I went with the low spoke count on my road wheels. :(

Light, cheap, strong - pick 2. You may want to start saving for HEDs.

Last edited:
I've been pretty impressed with my H Plus Son Archetype. Built up quick and is way truer 500 miles in than my A23s were. Also easier to set up tubeless. I only mention this because the Archetype vs. SL23 vs A23 question comes up a lot, and usually folks go Pacenti. I'm gonna build another set of Archtypes. Cheap and Strong are my ticked boxes. As it were.
BTW, if you wanna build your own SL23s, BHS'll ship you a set of 24/28s for just under $140. Not terrible.

Last edited:
I've been pretty impressed with my H Plus Son Archetype. Built up quick and is way truer 500 miles in than my A23s were. Also easier to set up tubeless. I only mention this because the Archetype vs. SL23 vs A23 question comes up a lot, and usually folks go Pacenti. I'm gonna build another set of Archtypes. Cheap and Strong are my ticked boxes. As it were.
BTW, if you wanna build your own SL23s, BHS'll ship you a set of 24/28s for just under $140. Not terrible.

Yeah, so stuff breaks a lot less frequently when you don't leave your basement.

Yeah, so stuff breaks a lot less frequently when you don't leave your basement.
You'd be amazed the damage riding OFF your rollers in an out of the saddle sprint can do. I also destroyed a rim by wedging it between the end of the drum and the frame. And then when I DO go outside, I am fat and pick sh*tty lines. Speaking of, anyone going to watch the Philly race on Sunday?

I've never broken anything but among the many things I've have not broken includes 2 sets of H+Son Archetypes. There were people who complained about the first iteration of the Archetypes so they actually added a little meat to the profile to reinforce the nipple bed from what I understand. Plus they look damn cool.

I also have HED Belgium (the pre-tubeless one) on a powertap wheel that has about a zillion miles and still perfectly true. Things of beauty.

Back
Top Bottom