H2H Mooch Madness 4/17/2016

huffster

Maybe. If the kids are 10 years old then just come out and I'll give them a number for free, no need to pay. Tell them they get a 1 lap race, just for them. I can't guarantee a medal or anything but if you bring a 10 year old I'll do what I can to make the experience good for them.

This post got 10 likes. It should get a thousand. This is just awesome!

zip

Matty, How about have Cat 3 go straight after the Kent bulding. They would skip the first switchbacks and the stream . Then 3 laps would be more doable.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Matty, How about have Cat 3 go straight after the Kent bulding. They would skip the first switchbacks and the stream . Then 3 laps would be more doable.

Ummmm... No. Let's not and just keep it as it is. I like the cat 3 course as it is.

ETA: I don't want fewer challenges. I want the streams and rocks and mud and switch backs... If I didn't, I'd be a roadie.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can't decide. Cat2 start time blows a large hole in the day, maybe sign up for endurance and just get a couple laps in? I'm gonna get slaughtered either way! :D
If I do endurance I might get in the way of the fast guys when Cat1 starts. Hmm.

Last edited:

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Can't decide. Cat2 start time blows a large hole in the day, maybe sign up for endurance and just get a couple laps in? I'm gonna get slaughtered either way! :D
If I do endurance I might get in the way of the fast guys when Cat1 starts. Hmm.

Do the endurance race. You'll hear the fast guys coming and get out of their way.

nicsal5

Where do we park for the race? This is my first race and I am not sure what to expect. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Where do we park for the race? This is my first race and I am not sure what to expect. Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.
750 waterloo rd stanhope nj. Come up the dirt road and follow the signs.(it's a bouscout reservation.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's

You'll see signs. You'll be on a dirt road for a mile or so which will terminate into a parking lot. You won't be able to miss anything.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Anyone know if that dirt road is slammed GTI friendly? I'll just park out on the road if not.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Anyone know if that dirt road is slammed GTI friendly? I'll just park out on the road if not.

park at sussex branch trailhead, and come in via the trail (yellow i think? first climb on the left, down other side)

i was going to check out the cat 3 loop today at 5 with kids who are racing.
do we access the course from the road entrance to the scout camp? park on the roadside and ride in or should we ride in from another trail head? any suggestions?

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Head into the camp, make 1st right, follow all the way to the end and then bear left up the hill. Parking lot at the top, can't miss it. Ride bikes up the rest of the road, you are now on the course.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Weather looks dry the rest of week with temps in low 70s Sunday...Course should be in prime shape! Register...DO THE NEEDFUL

Top Bottom