GT350R Carbon Fiber Wheel Info

rick81721

Lothar
Ya know what, I take it back. 160 in a car you can actually wind through the gears would be fun.

You cant wind through the gears in new cars. You'll be double the speed limit but the time you get through 3 gears. The mustang probably does 100 in 2nd. What fun is that.

Yeah it's not easy getting to the 8200 redline in the GT350 legally

rick81721

Lothar
Back to NJ after 3 months in FL where the GT350 was our only vehicle. Amazingly, she survived terrible geezer drivers with only a tiny wheel ding (my fault). Anywho, now driving the Durango again I keep looking for the clutch, and it feels like I'm driving a mack truck. Cleaned and waxed the Shelby today, probably go for a drive tomorrow

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Back to NJ after 3 months in FL where the GT350 was our only vehicle. Amazingly, she survived terrible geezer drivers with only a tiny wheel ding (my fault). Anywho, now driving the Durango again I keep looking for the clutch, and it feels like I'm driving a mack truck. Cleaned and waxed the Shelby today, probably go for a drive tomorrow

Gotta get some sealant. Wax is so 1990s. Sealant protects better, longer, and, most importantly, it's easier to apply.

rottin'

Staff member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
A co-workers uncle has a 2001 Prelude Si 4WS with 50K miles. Minty clean, white exterior. Two problems...it has dealer-installed leather and it's an auto. Otherwise I'd bug him daily about it.
My brother had this car, white also. Was really fun to change lanes at speed and rhe wheels.moved in a parallelogram like this
/ /
/ /

As opposed to
/ /
| | like normal cars

rick81721

Lothar
Gotta get some sealant. Wax is so 1990s. Sealant protects better, longer, and, most importantly, it's easier to apply.

Yeah actually it was a sealant. But did read on mustang board about a collinite 915 wax, ever hear of it?

Last edited:

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yeah actually it was a sealant. But did read on mustang board about a collinite 915 wax, ever hear of it?

Heard of it but never tried it. I've been using CarPro Reload sealant on top of the ceramic coating on the M2 and Raptor. It's great. Even on the shitbox Jetta it looks great, just doesn't seem to last as long.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i use collinite 476 on all my cars, seems to hold up pretty good and goes on pretty easy, sealants may work better but if you care about the finished product you cant beat a good carnuba wax.

iv tried different wax/sealant products (including synthetic waxes) they all seem to last about the same amount of time

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I cant believe that car was $20,000 new in 2000. wow.

I bought a new 07 si in early 2008 and paid 23. Looks like brand new Sis go for 25ish. That's a pretty good deal for fun little car.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sticker was $17,900 in 2000.
I misread that, your right. In all you figure you owned the car for 18 years, pretty much broke even although you didnt get to drive it much. Not bad for an econobox.

Im mind blown at the prices some "wrapper" cars bring

Monkey Soup

Angry Wanker
WOW, this bests that low mileage Si. ABSURD
Honda Insight, manual
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2001-honda-insight/

I understand the nostalgia around older pony cars and such, but I don’t get this newer trend around over-paying for 20-some year-old shit boxes. It’s like saying “hey, instead of putting this $20k down on a real car, let me get something that reminds me of the time when I was broke, had roommates, and ate Raman noodles”. And then there’s the insight, a car that wasn’t cool in 2001, and ain’t cool now. Unless you need to prove to your Antifa buddies that you haven’t drifted too far towards the center.

rick81721

Lothar
Finally received my owner's supplement:

29737046_191880381429304_8472332151143006208_n.jpg

Top Bottom