Group Rides!!!

M

Mikey_C

Trying to get some group rides together. I have found a group at my LBS that ride sunday mornings--very early, but I would like to make group rides available to those who like to down a few JD's on a sat night(there are prob other reasons to not want to get up that early too).

I'm in Bergen County now(will be in jersey city in bout a week) and have stuck to Ringwood as I have raced/ridden there so i am comfortable enough to ride solo(w/ the ipod). But very open to new terrain--actually prefer it.

I am just getting back into the sport and would like some people to push me on the hills and even some folks i can push. Just looking for some people who just want to have some fun on the trails and maybe get in better shape!

let me know!
-mike

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I'm almost always down for a ride. Right now things are a bit hectic doing a bunch of home renovations but post up when and where you want to ride and I'll see if I can make it. We've had too many crappy weekends and I really need to get out!

A

Ant

I'm down but I'm a beginner and can really only make it about 5 or so miles as long as there aren't any mega climbs. Oh and about 4 of those miles are on the street.

C

CD1134

Like Jay, I've also been doing too much home renovating and too little riding, but I'm all done after this weekend (for now). I like to ride the Central Jersey trails with a lot of winding single track and climbs, but I want to expand my horizons and ride some places in North Jersey. Definitely let me know when you want to go riding. We could follow up the ride with some brewskies.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
CD1134 said:
We could follow up the ride with some brewskies.

Sounds like a Lewis Morris and then Morristown pubs day to me!!

M

Mikey_C

biking and beer--i cant think of a better combo!

next sunday, Lewis Morris??

meet sometime between 9&10, then a post ride "recovery" beer

-Mike

C

CD1134

I can make it. Lets say 9:30 at Lewis Morris this Sunday (May 15).

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Mikey_C said:
biking and beer--i cant think of a better combo!

next sunday, Lewis Morris??

meet sometime between 9&10, then a post ride "recovery" beer

-Mike

Shit!

CD1134 said:
I can make it. Lets say 9:30 at Lewis Morris this Sunday (May 15).

Double Shit!

I have an architect coming to look at my house to see about some framing issues. :( He's coming at noon so I can only do like a 9-11 ride OR I can meet up with you guy after lets say 1:30ish in Morristown. Just let me know where you're gonna be after the ride.

-jay

C

CD1134

I wouldn't mind meeting at 9. That way, Jay, you can get in a couple hours of riding and leave at 11 and everyone else can continue on.

Does that work for you Mike?

M

Mikey_C

can we agree on 9 am--Mendham Overlook Parking Lot

I'm heading to Vegas tomorrow and wont be back til sat evening so whatever you guys decide is fine buy me. I will be recovering from my trip so 2 hours may be more than plenty.

We can plan some loops to get people close to their cars if some of you have other obligations. But Im down for whatever, we can explore as many trails as we want to kill time til we can get a beer.

Not sure how receptive the locals will be to a bunch of sweaty, dirty men searching for a bar that's open before lunchtime!!
-Mike

C

CD1134

I agree. Let's just start at 9 and ride for however long feel like. If we can't grab a beer after this ride there will be plenty of other opportunities.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
CD1134 said:
I agree. Let's just start at 9 and ride for however long feel like. If we can't grab a beer after this ride there will be plenty of other opportunities.

I'm down for 9am! Where do we wanna meet. I'm not sure of what parking lot is what but I've been to the log near the pond (or is that a lake?)

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Jason said:
CD1134 said:

I'm down for 9am! Where do we wanna meet. I'm not sure of what parking lot is what but I've been to the log near the pond (or is that a lake?)

9am at the lot off Sunrise Lake Road. The lot closer to the softball field!

-jay

C

CD1134

Bad News - rode Sourlands on Fri. and broke a brake lever. I thought I'd have it all fixed for tomorrow's ride, but that's not happenin'. I'll be there next time, though. Sorry guys. :cry:

Jason

JORBA.ORG
CD1134 said:
Bad News - rode Sourlands on Fri. and broke a brake lever. I thought I'd have it all fixed for tomorrow's ride, but that's not happenin'. I'll be there next time, though. Sorry guys. :cry:

Oh that sucks!! What kind of lever? I think I have an extra lever in the garage. Actually two... LMK

-jay

Jason

JORBA.ORG
IT'S RAINING!!!

I'm waking up at 7am and if it's raining still by 7:30, I'm going to pass. I'd prefer to not destroy the trails if I can help it.

-jay

M

Mikey_C

yeah, ill wait to see how it is in the morning--if messy i guess we have to save the trails

depending on how much rain i will see if its worth it to take an afternoon trip there

-mike

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Mikey_C said:
yeah, ill wait to see how it is in the morning--if messy i guess we have to save the trails

depending on how much rain i will see if its worth it to take an afternoon trip there

-mike

Well I'm up and the sun is peaking so unless things start getting ugly, I'll be there.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
gotta love wireless web... I'm at lewis morris now and its a bit overcast with a couple peaks of sun. should be good riding...

Top Bottom