Greeting all!

mtb1972

Greeting all.

I am a native of NJ. I am active duty military... currently living in East Bay California area.

A former colleague and friend (who also recommended this site to me last week) got me thinking about MTB'ing while we were stationed together in NJ a while back and have been putting it off until now. Eighteen months and three bikes later... I and hooked big time! My first bike was an entry level Marin Alpine Trial 26'er hard tail. Next was a Trek Mamba hard tail 29'er (I'm 6'2" about 235 lbs). Continuing to learn about riding I read about full suspension but initially didn't want to spring the cash. Early on I didn't understand the value in an expensive bike...of course now I do. With great enthusiasm and a lot of honey do lists later I finally talked the wife into letting me get a Giant Anthem X2. She did but I had to sell my Marin. No worries... so now I have the Trek Mamba which I have since upgraded... slapped Shimano SLX hydr brakes and slapped Schwalbe Big Apple (urban tires) on it for road riding and the Giant Anthem for trail riding.

I am heading back to NJ retiring from active duty. I will be moving back to my house in P-burg... I am hoping I will discover as many awesome trail back in NJ and PA as I have here in the Tri-Valley area. California is awesome and seems to cater to MTB'ers and Cycleist. I when I move back to NJ I will continue to enjoy riding as much as I do here.

Any recommendations would be great.

Thanks

Thank you and welcome! Round Valley and Sals (Pa) would be local for you. Jacobsburg (Pa) for a quicky. Then about 40 mins to Mooch's. These are off the top of my head. Oh and Alexandra Pump track too!

Good to see you on the site! We have to do a ride out there before you move back to jerz.

Thanks Ken. Yes man... box your bike ship it out... come fly out. As long as you can put up with the chaos your more than welcome. That would be awesome! Anytime bro!

Thanks all for the welcome.

Matt thanks for all the trail info close to P-burg. Thats right... Round Valley is really close on 78. Yeah i'm stoked!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom