Good Vegetarian-Friendly Restaurants

Burger King now offers a veggie burger of the stale gardenburger variety.

That's too bad. The spicey bean-burger they sold in the UK was brilliant! Maccy D's even got in on the game but I forget what theirs was like.

Yeah the McDonalds in NYC were selling a veggie burger a few years ago, but it never made it out to the burbs and isnt even sold in he city at this point. I guess a veggie burger from a fast food chain defeats the purpose, but as strict vegetarian sometimes Im in a bind for a bite and cant help but swing throught the BK drive through for a quick fix.

As an FYI the Veggie Heaven in Parsippany moved to Denville. It's basically the same as it was, but the menu is more in line with the menu in the Montclair location.

I've been vegetarian for 20 years and aside from Italian, Indian, and Chinese, I would also recommend adding middle eastern food to your options. I'd particularly recommend Evelyn's in New Brunswick. Very good falafel and humus.

I'd also second Kaya's Kitchen in Belmar. The food is very good, but the service has always been lacking.

As an FYI the Veggie Heaven in Parsippany moved to Denville. It's basically the same as it was, but the menu is more in line with the menu in the Montclair location.

I've been vegetarian for 20 years and aside from Italian, Indian, and Chinese, I would also recommend adding middle eastern food to your options. I'd particularly recommend Evelyn's in New Brunswick. Very good falafel and humus.

I'd also second Kaya's Kitchen in Belmar. The food is very good, but the service has always been lacking.

While Evelyn's is pretty good , I would suggest trying Efe's just down the street on the corner of Easton. While Turkish, and not Lebanese like Evelyns, the menus are similar except that Efes has a few more vegetarian choices such as ezme and 3 different eggplant salads. I find Efes to have better food although the atmosphere is much more casual and small. Also dont miss out on the HUGE vegetarian plate at Taverna Pithari, the greek restaurant in Highland Park.......its O-fficial!

I think I have a link to the source of that fake meat stuff. However, i don't know how to post a link. I belive it is called "May Wah healthy vegetarian food " and the web address is www.vegieworld.com . I never tried it though.

That's the place. They have even more than the place in HP had.

I can't agree with you more. Nothing like an angry hippy waitress with an infected facial piercing and some Grateful Dead coming out of one broken speaker to get you in the mood for some good food.

BTW I am down with the GD, just not when its coming out of a single broken speaker.

Back
Top Bottom