Going Long and Hard.

First off, we're proud of you.

Hey, it sucks that it happened... But it did.

Take aways;
* A potentially weak point in the setup has been identified... Now improvements can be made and contingency plans put in place.
* You've experienced, first hand, racing at elevation under incredibly taxing conditions, (dark, cold and under extreme duress) short of "life or death" probably the worst possible scenario.
* The effort far exceeded any simulated training ride you could have done in the same timeframe.
* Despite the intense desire to tuff it out, you remained rational enough to make the correct decision to pull the plug before causing severe injury and jeopardize the whole season.

Get some rest.... You've more than earned it.

this!

Wow, I can't even imagine the mental impact of a time consuming and not entirely fixed mechanical would have at the start of such a painfest.

Jim you are a monster, superb effort.

Warren

* Despite the intense desire to tuff it out, you remained rational enough to make the correct decision to pull the plug before causing severe injury and jeopardize the whole season.
This is sooo good.

@jimvreeland good job! Very proud of you. Someone at work saw that news article about you and asked if I knew you. Glad you are ok, and will continue to keep you in our prayers.

Not much that hasn't already been said, you made the best out of a shitty start and pushed through it. Not many people are capable of that. Glad to hear you're safe and well. On to the next one! We'll be here cheering for you.

My first thoughts when I woke up this morning were:

1. Did I win the powerball? hey...you never know.
2. How is Jim doing.

Not necessarily in that order. We tracked you Friday into Saturday. Great job. We are always pulling for you! Safe travels home.

Ruth

Hugely impressed by the prep and the execution. And very happy that you're still stoked. Chapeau on pulling the plug when you did, why you did. This ain't short-track. Looking forward to following your dot again soon.

alien.jpeg

5pm Friday night start. Andrew said after he pushed his bike to Yellowstone, he took a 2-hour nap at the aid station. Once the night hit the top of the course was fast until the sun came up again and the snowmobiles ripped everything up. By far the hardest race out there. I'll be back.

Back
Top Bottom