Go-Pro

The hero 4 session get a thumbs up from me! Lightweight nice picture easy to use.

what are you looking to use it for?

i have a hero4 session (the little cube) and its just about the limit of what i would want on a bike helmet, on my full face race helmet i dont even notice it (side or top mount)

any specifics feel free to ask

Do you guys find not having a screen a pain to review footage? Considering one for this year as well. My brother has a 5 black and his battery blew up on him. See some others have had that problem as well. He says the new ones are really nice.
mmexport1518696687774.jpg

the session can be linked to your phone for adjusting the view in the mount and viewing recorded footage, most of my use is in the car on track so i dont have much time between runs to review footage i just record blindly and edit later, it hasnt been a problem for me, i guess if you were going on a trip and doing alot of recording it may become an issue, but id just bring a hdd and laptop to dump video onto then give up my evenings for a couple weeks of processing :O

My hero 2 has a WiFi back for remote video and control. It is decent. 6 years behind current? Maybe more.

All in Fauxpro, Amazon basics harness and SDcard for $91. The camera is a Jeemak. The battery and card capacity capture less than 2 hours, but the extra battery doubles this. Film on loop and overwrite the old content. Use it chest mounted, where there are Crazy Mary-type opponents of MTB. Great video. Trouble free, too.

You can get them cheaper ($10-18), but not by much.
IMG_20180302_161032-01.jpeg

Another vote for the session. Not being able to swap battery can be not great when very cold/over 1hr (I get about 2hr on a charge), but is otherwise A+. Square form factor is nice for things like helmet mounts, rear facing under the seat, or underneath an out-front mount (the K-edge mounts are great).

Also is watertight and submersible as-is, another plus. I have some sweet underwater shots where I had it on a selfie stick and stuck it into the remnants of a dock to see some fish.

Have thought about buying another Session 4 or upgrading to the new Session and running 2 cameras during cross races because overkill.

I also have the remote so i would buy another 4personally. Keep the feeds matched to ease editing

I bought a 4K cam off of Amazon for $40.00. Great vid and cheap, you can also get multiple batteries for cheap as well. Prior to this I had a Contour that worked great until it didn’t, won’t spend that kind of money again on something I may, or may not run into a tree.

Thanks all. Plan on using a chest mount. I am looking at the GoPro website (for tech info) and it seems the 4 series is no longer available. Only the 5 Session, 5 Black, Fusion and the New 6 series.

Frank, what kind of camera did you get from Amazon?

Thing that sucks about the Go-Pro is that you think that you're flying, shredding it up, and when you watch it later, you realize how slow you really are. Its all pretty underwhelming, at least for my slow ass. I prefer to live in the fantasy world where I think I'm going fast.

Not being a dick about it, merely pointing out that it is refurbished. Thank you

sorry, that was not meant to come off confrontational, it was just a question.

guess i just assume everyone reads the whole listing :O

Back
Top Bottom