Glue or Epoxy knowledge?

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I'm looking for a glue or epoxy that will dry hard like plastic. It will be used between two pieces of plastic to fill a gap, but doesn't necessarily need to hold them together as they are held together with screws. Needs to be waterproof and work in cold temps. To answer the first question, it's being used on ski boots.

One option for non-structural gap filling, cut a piece from foam floor tiles and stuff it in. Completely impervious to temps and compatible with all materials.

Is there a reason it needs to be hard? I was also going to suggest JB Weld, but the flex on ski boots might crack it. If it really just needs to seal it, RTV might be better.

One option for non-structural gap filling, cut a piece from foam floor tiles and stuff it in. Completely impervious to temps and compatible with all materials.
It needs to fill a gap that is cut at an angle. That would be way too much work, but thanks.

Is there a reason it needs to be hard? I was also going to suggest JB Weld, but the flex on ski boots might crack it. If it really just needs to seal it, RTV might be better.
Yes. it is between the boot sole lugs and the plastic shell. Flex would affect binding release. I'm attempting to recreate what a pro did to my boots now that the soles are wearing down.

Picked up a regular JB Weld and their SteelStik Putty. Tried the putty first cause it just looked easier to deal with for the purpose. One boot done so far. Worked out well.

I'm late to this, but was going to suggest plasticweld or waterweld, or any similar epoxy putty stick. The generic ones from walmart work fine. Guessing steelstik is in the same ballpark.

Not too exciting. Gray matter is the JB Weld. Needed the soles to sit parallel to the top of the lug as it had been routed at 2 degrees.

The original canting was done by a boot fitter out of state. After 8 seasons the soles were toast from walking so the boots rocked in the binding.
View attachment 152766View attachment 152767

i feel like i'm looking at a Warhol ski boot!

Back
Top Bottom