Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Why? It’s not like he’ll be in yellow in the second half. I am a little taken back by how bad the GC guys look on the punchie climbs. Yes, it’s not really their specialty and they need to measure their efforts early on... but shit, do I need to see TJ up front? Can someone please name him the leader so he can wilt and die on the vine (metaphorically speaking of course). Can there be a more stark difference between the heart of Lawson and TJ? I think not.

As usual, I’ll watch today’s DVR’d stage when I get home.... the coverage has been pretty good... though I do keep the sound off most of the time. :)

choop

GVA is just a place filler until sunday. In all honesty, anyone wearing yellow is in the first week.

The two hilly stages were interesting to watch. Atleast some of the stage. These flat sprint stages are background noise until the last 30K. I swear they make them so long just to see if there is a crash and if the crashee's can make it back to the peoloton before the finish.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Two right handlers @2k from the end...... why would they put them there if they didn’t want a wreck (that doesn’t impact time....because 3k rule).

Looking forward to see if the “Sky Mutiny” blossoms into something. :)

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
GVA is just a place filler until sunday. In all honesty, anyone wearing yellow is in the first week.

The two hilly stages were interesting to watch. Atleast some of the stage. These flat sprint stages are background noise until the last 30K. I swear they make them so long just to see if there is a crash and if the crashee's can make it back to the peoloton before the finish.
Yeah, obviously I’m not the joe office guy that thinks GVA is winning. I just find that guy so underwhelming and it is even more annoying that he didn’t even win a stage to get in yellow. For Sunday, I wonder if they will let GVA play or if he will need to play team boy to usher TJ and Porte over the cobbles. While the team boy role is obvious, it has to irk him how Sagan tore him a new asshole at Roubaix this year after a dismal clsssic campaign.

Speaking of Sagan, how strong has Oss been!?! That acceleration the bottom of the finishing climb yesterday was impressive to say the least.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
I’m sooooooo looking forward to 9. We all know I’m a Sagan fanboy and there’s several good classic style riders at the tour... but I’m kinda pulling for PG. I don’t know how many more classics he has in him..... so a stage win like this would be cool, ya know what I mean?

choop

Yeah, obviously I’m not the joe office guy that thinks GVA is winning. I just find that guy so underwhelming and it is even more annoying that he didn’t even win a stage to get in yellow. For Sunday, I wonder if they will let GVA play or if he will need to play team boy to usher TJ and Porte over the cobbles. While the team boy role is obvious, it has to irk him how Sagan tore him a new asshole at Roubaix this year after a dismal clsssic campaign.

Speaking of Sagan, how strong has Oss been!?! That acceleration the bottom of the finishing climb yesterday was impressive to say the least.

Didn't mean for it to come off like that. I hope on Sunday GVA has leeway. It makes for a much more interesting stage. I am hoping for a break with the classics riders in it. I don't think BMC will allow GVA any leeway until Porte hits 3K to go. I get the feeling they don't know what to do with Teejay, so they are hoping he can be helpful in the second week of the mountains.

Oss is awesome. I have always loved watching him. Dude is a selfless worker bee and will attack attack attack whenever given the chance.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I’m sooooooo looking forward to 9. We all know I’m a Sagan fanboy and there’s several good classic style riders at the tour... but I’m kinda pulling for PG. I don’t know how many more classics he has in him..... so a stage win like this would be cool, ya know what I mean?
Yeah, I am down with PhilGil. His attack two days ago was searing, when they showed the shot from the side after he had a gap, you could see how fast he was going. And if not, it will be fun to see how Quickstep fuck's it up like they did at Roubaix.

Didn't mean for it to come off like that. I hope on Sunday GVA has leeway. It makes for a much more interesting stage. I am hoping for a break with the classics riders in it. I don't think BMC will allow GVA any leeway until Porte hits 3K to go. I get the feeling they don't know what to do with Teejay, so they are hoping he can be helpful in the second week of the mountains.

Oss is awesome. I have always loved watching him. Dude is a selfless worker bee and will attack attack attack whenever given the chance.
I agree, GVA will be on a leash. Technically Sagan will be too for Majka.

Last edited:

ilnadi

The sprinters all need to be sent to OTB301 and learn close quarters racing :cool:
I am not sure what makes someone think his 5lb head can move someone else's 60lb of butt muscle

echappy

well, one doesn't think straight when one's muscles are loaded with lactate

jest aside, Gaviria is such a punk. I used to like the guy for this spirit (his track omnium prowess is something to behold), but all this antics is a bit too much

Jmann

Never gonna let you down.
Exciting race on a brutal course. Can’t believe valverde is still such a beast.

echappy

it's just that even the best former dopers experience decline starting in their mid-30's. Contador appeared human prior to his retirement at 34. Valverde, otoh, is 38...

Top Bottom