Generic Pro Road Cycling Thread

Watching the GC race like:
200.gif

Summit finishes the next two days, but just doesnt seem like anyone can make a dent in Pogacar, chapeau @jShort

The real question is if Quick Step will go to beat the record on Friday or if they will wait until Paris. I doubt Cav is winning the TT on Saturday, lol. You would have imagine they will go all in on Friday and Paris would just be icing.

I will admit that I am out of touch with the polka dot jersey from today but it is close enough that a few people could grab it the next two days.

My guess is DQS and Cav will go for the win on Friday - just in case something happens in the TT or on the last stage. Besides... what would you rather have? 36 wins or 35?

The next two mtn stages should be interesting... One thing Lance and The Move team mentioned today is how there are a number of big name teams that still don't have a win yet. Attacks are likely to come early and hard. Now will any of the GC contenders go with them is separate question. I'm sure there will be attacks on the final climb tomorrow although attacking Pogacar is one thing - actually getting a significant gap on him is another.

RIP uran, EF that guy

Over 5 min lead, would need to have some catastrophic happen to lose now. Impressive finish line celebration where he pulled his jersey so you could see his base layer sponsor *amazing*

Cav yelling at his mechanic and then acting like a little kid stomping away was a bad look.
What could have possibly been that bad with the bike? I’d love to hear the real story.

He's an intense guy under a fair amount of stress and those types tend to have short tempers. At least his apology seems sincere. But I'm sure most of those mechanics are used to it at some level.

Cav yelling at his mechanic and then acting like a little kid stomping away was a bad look.
What could have possibly been that bad with the bike? I’d love to hear the real story.
Does any one have the video? I didn’t see it live.

You have to keep in mind that most of these guys have traits that are “extreme” which is why they are the best in the world. I am not protecting his actions but anyone with a “legend” status had stuff they went off about at some point.
And @Juggernaut wad just waiting for something like that to be like;
1626614490955.gif

You have to keep in mind that most of these guys have traits that are “extreme” which is why they are the best in the world. I am not protecting his actions but anyone with a “legend” status had stuff they went off about at some point.
View attachment 162692

^ It’s True.
1626615112311.jpeg

View attachment 162692

He’s been around long enough. He’s been given a second opportunity and now killing it. He deserved the chance obviously but I just think he should be a little more humble. Maybe just my opinion.

This might be a bit inflammatory, but seeing the turn of events since Merckx stopped by DQS….

Is a Belgian C-Block out of the realm of possibility?

* Fact , DSQ is. Belgian team.
* Fact, the team basically gave away the sprint stage before the TT.
* Fact, for the first time this tour , Cav got the “Sagan treatment”…. Being boxed in by riders on different teams, riders not factoring in the sprint.
* Fact, a Belgian won the final sprint.

coincidence?

E4B8EABD-5167-433D-9F44-D28924668211.jpeg

…. remember, I’m NOT a Cav fan.

This might be a bit inflammatory, but seeing the turn of events since Merckx stopped by DQS….

Is a Belgian C-Block out of the realm of possibility?

* Fact , DSQ is. Belgian team.
* Fact, the team basically gave away the sprint stage before the TT.
* Fact, for the first time this tour , Cav got the “Sagan treatment”…. Being boxed in by riders on different teams, riders not factoring in the sprint.
* Fact, a Belgian won the final sprint.

coincidence?

View attachment 162882

…. remember, I’m NOT a Cav fan.
This is exactly what happened.

Bringing up old shit.

Go back a few posts after that. Pretty sure I gave him his props. Up to the point I posted that he had been a no show. Once MVDP left he came out of his shell.

Bringing up old shit.

Go back a few posts after that. Pretty sure I gave him his props. Up to the point I posted that he had been a no show. Once MVDP left he came out of his shell.
It was a joke…
And @Juggernaut is correct, he was on his team leash before that.
Pogacar was heads and shoulders above. Too bad the Manx missile stole the show.

Back
Top Bottom