Garmin Edge 305

Fourth_Letter

Looking for a Garmin Edge 305 w/ HR and Cadence monitor. I know people don't usually have these thing lying around, but if you have one and want to upgrade, I've got cash. I need one for this new training thing I got goin. :D

Dee check out the forerunner 305 it has all the same options as the edge but is almost half the price from Amazon.

I checked out the forerunner. I want cadence as well and it would be nice to have it on my bike where I can see everything. I'm selling some stuff on ebay to raise funds.

I believe only the 705 and higher models come with the HR + Cadence...Although, perhaps you can buy it seperately.

I believe only the 705 and higher models come with the HR + Cadence...Although, perhaps you can buy it seperately.

The original edge 305 comes with the stuff she needs.

Another route could be a regular computer with a cadence sensor and then buying a wrist style hrm. Might be a bit cheaper.

I checked out the forerunner. I want cadence as well and it would be nice to have it on my bike where I can see everything. I'm selling some stuff on ebay to raise funds.

I have the Forerunner 405 which has cadence... Great for the summer but blows in the winter... I have lost signal with it being buried under my glove and jacket... Strapping it over the two is not an option so I strap it to my bars which in that case makes me want an Edge... As I start to use it more I wish I had a map to follow... On the other hand in the summer I like it on the wrist for the fact that it is secured from falling off without me of course:D...

Also, cadence is not very relevant for mountain bike and probably not so much except for people who are training on the road like pros, but I guess it's fun to look at or something.

Having said that I'd still go with the Edge vs Forerunner since it's good for exploring new trails and roads. Plus it will give you more pretty numbers to look at.

@soundz you do have a point. and if im on the trainer, as long as my heart rate is in the zone who cares about my pedaling. :p

Back
Top Bottom