Garmin 530

I want a Garmin but I just can't seem to justify the cost.
Can someone help list pros of a Garmin for a weekend warrior?
I prolly ride 60% trail and 40% road

I want a Garmin but I just can't seem to justify the cost.
Can someone help list pros of a Garmin for a weekend warrior?
I prolly ride 60% trail and 40% road
I love my Garmin and you will too, if your a numbers guy,and don't like to get lost in new to you parks.

Because it’s a lot of fun to try and find out how to do what you want to do without reading the instructions...

I'm still rocking the 510...

tenor.gif

You can go ride new places without a guide and without having to take your phone out at every trail intersection.
I love my Garmin and you will too, if your a numbers guy,and don't like to get lost in new to you parks.
So far.... if I have to ride solo, I tend to and prefer to just cruise at HM. Cant beat riding your bike out of your garage and on to the trails.
Would this change if have a Garmin? I am not sure.... maybe if @goodvibe sells me his 820 at pennies on the dollar.... :D

Cant beat riding your bike out of your garage and on to the trails.

True, but exploring is fun.

maybe if @goodvibe sells me his 820 at pennies on the dollar.... :D

I have a 705 with a broken screen that you can have for free if you want to try and acquire a replacement screen and fix it. I think it's functionally fine, but I can't be sure, so caveat cheapskate.

I also have an 800 somewhere that I think is totally fine and would let go cheap.

I'll probably get a 530 at some point and sell my 820 as well, but you should buy goodvibe's because who knows how long that'll be.

I am here by terminating your lease at HM.
I am hereby terminating you next ride. It'll be a donnybrook I'm going down swinging if I'm going down! Also I'm big into #'s so once I have one it's hard to see how I did without one. LOL my phone doesn't do what yours and everyone else I gather do, so necessity was the mother of invention here.

I got an 820 a year or 2 ago and sold it for scrap a month later. I returned to my trusty 800.

Picked up a 530 last week and it’s eons better. Best GPS I’ve ever used by a long shot. The map is far better than the 820 and the Strava/Trailforks integrations are splendid.

I also bought my Garmin because I paid the 830 the current price of the 530 and as all old people I can't pass on a discount sale. I will add that I love all the fancy features but i don't have a clue how to use it, just like my new bike.

Last edited:
I also bought my Garmin because I paid the 830 the current price of the 530 and as all old people I can't pass on a discount sale. I will add that I love all the fancy features but i don't have a clue how to use it, just like my new bike.
YouTube

By the looks of things I should just hold on to my 800, is the 530 eons better then the 800?

Back
Top Bottom