full face helmets ?

riverunner

I am looking for a somewhat cheap and good full face helmet for a first time down hillier . any ideas guys. I was also looking at the Six Six One Evolution Distressed Helmet anyone got that one and if so how is it? I have heard good stuff about it so far :)

i have the specialized deviant. no complaints here. its comfy, not too hot, has a good field of vision, and even nice to use for x/c rides on real cold days in the winter.

Fox Rampage helmets are nice and comfy and protective. Plus their nice and cheap (money wise).

right on!

I know right. Like this dude for example, he asked me how his ear looked.
and I was like: "Holy f**k, theres a stick - sticking out of your head."
He was like"Pull it out"
and I was like"No way dude, you'll bleed to death"
he was like"Lets go get pliers"
I was like"Yea, pliers"

Now I wood have never been able to share that cool story if he didnt have a hard head or was a wimp.

Attachments

• head.jpg
    head.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 171
I know right. Like this dude for example, he asked me how his ear looked.
and I was like: "Holy f**k, theres a stick - sticking out of your head."
He was like"Pull it out"
and I was like"No way dude, you'll bleed to death"
he was like"Lets go get pliers"
I was like"Yea, pliers"
this is possibly the funniest story i've ever heard!!! untill i realized there was a picture with it and found out it was real!

still awesome though! i'd love to be able to say i had a stick jammed in my head once! :rolleyes:

I like this, gives the type of riding a much more worldly sound, helmets or not.
Full faced helmets...doth they cover even half thy face brave downhillier?

wow! it took me like 4 re-reads to catch that and notice what you were talking about.

wow! it took me like 4 re-reads to catch that and notice what you were talking about.

Yeah, I am pretty amazing, thanks for noticing that. A lot of times I will do something totally badass and no one is around to witness it, times like this I just slap my helmet and say "you are so badass" a couple of times in a really deep voice.
As for you grumner80, should you ever get a stick lodged in thoust skull, please feel free to PM me, I would be glad to bring over my pair of most sacred stick removal pliers which I tooketh from FFT's personal tool box, and remove said stickith from your dome.

As for you grumner80, should you ever get a stick lodged in thoust skull, please feel free to PM me, I would be glad to bring over my pair of most sacred stick removal pliers which I tooketh from FFT's personal tool box, and remove said stickith from your dome.

deeply apreciated!! :D

...but watch out! if FFT finds out you took his custom "stick-in-skull" remover pliers he could come after you! :2guns:

Bell Drop is a good choice - the best helmet out there for the money -
MSRP $130 and meets the new ASTM Downhill Standards - I've tested it too!

helmetsup.com full face dot approved for 60 bucks. They are a bit beefier than the most DH specific helmets at half the price. I have one and love it.

* Galaxy Helmets Graphic Alien Color Off-Road Helmet
* Youth & Adult Sizes
* Aerodynamic Polycarbonate Composite Outer Shell ABS
* Blue, Black. Red & Green Color
* Meets or Exceeds DOT Safety Standard
* Ultra Soft Removable & Washable Inner Lining
* Open Face Design With Side Goggle Grip Pads
* Advanced Ventilation System: Adjustable Forehead & Chin Intake Vents With 2 Rear Exit Vents
* One Year Manufactory Warranty

Back
Top Bottom