FS: 2007 Honda Fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogers

I had no plans on selling this right now, but someone in another thread was looking for something similar so I figured I would throw this it out there.

I have a 2007 Honda Fit Sport in Red. Automatic.
22,845 miles, one owner.
Asking $8,000. I see used ones with 80k miles to over 100k miles with asking prices between 6-9k. KBB is around 8k for private party.
It has not been driven and sitting in a garage for the last 5 years. It was an old man car used to drive to church and the grocery store (my dad's).

Looks like it's still on the original tires. Needs a new battery, probably fluids changed, and a quick detail. The car was well maintained. There is an open airbag recall. The interior looks like it will clean up nicely. There is some exterior cosmetic damage to the driver side front bumper and driver side rear door. Some scratches on the passenger rear door and side view mirrors. I took some pictures but they didn't come out well because the garage is dark. I haven't started it, but will after getting a new battery and putting in some fresh fuel. The car is not registered or insured which probably will make things a little more complicated since no one can drive it. The title will have to be signed over via POA which also might be a little more complicated.

If you are interested I think it would be best to just come look at it. It's located near Allaire.

Attachments

• IMG_4415.jpg
    IMG_4415.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_4418.jpg
    IMG_4418.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_4439.jpg
    IMG_4439.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4429.jpg
    IMG_4429.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_4441.jpg
    IMG_4441.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_4427.jpg
    IMG_4427.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4434.jpg
    IMG_4434.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
I had no plans on selling this right now, but someone in another thread was looking for something similar so I figured I would throw this it out there.

I have a 2007 Honda Fit Sport in Red. Automatic.
22,845 miles, one owner.
Asking $8,000.
It has been not been driven and has been sitting in a garage for the last 5 years. It was an old man car used to drive to church and the grocery store (my dad's).

Looks like it's still on the original tires. Needs a new battery, probably fluids changed, and a quick detail. The car was well maintained. There is an open airbag recall. The interior looks like it will clean up nicely. There is some exterior cosmetic damage to the driver side front bumper and driver side rear door. Some scratches on the passenger rear door and side view mirrors. I took some pictures but they didn't come out well because the garage is dark. I haven't started it, but will after getting a new battery and putting in some fresh fuel. The car is not registered or insured which probably will make things a little more complicated since no one can drive it. The title will have to be signed over via POA which also might be a little more complicated.

If you are interested I think it would be best to just come look at it. It's located near Allaire.
Only 22kMiles wow wow !

@mtn has first dibs if interested
@qclabrat 2nd
@iman29 3rd
Thanks, but you can take me off the list and move someone else into 3rd. I thought about it for a bit and based on the maintenance work this car needs just from sitting for so long, swapping out my son's current car for this one wouldn't be as advantageous as I thought $$$ wise.

for the right buyer this thing could last a long long time. GLWS

The POA stuff is not a huge deal - be there before.

For reference - I just traded a 14 Camry in that was rear ended and never fixed. The body was bent in around the doors from the impact (probably a total) rear bumper destroyed and when my mother in law was in the wreck there was a crock pot of chili in there so all the seats had stains. Paint was faded and I don’t think it had been washed for four years until it came into my possession. Trade in was $5500 and I could have argued more.

This is a solid deal. My guess is battery, tires and fluids and you are on the road. Fingers crossed there are no leaks. If there is no dry rot I would still run the tires.

For reference - I just traded a 14 Camry in that was rear ended and never fixed. The body was bent in around the doors from the impact (probably a total) rear bumper destroyed and when my mother in law was in the wreck there was a crock pot of chili in there so all the seats had stains. Paint was faded and I don’t think it had been washed for four years until it came into my possession. Trade in was $5500 and I could have argued more.

This is a solid deal. My guess is battery, tires and fluids and you are on the road. Fingers crossed there are no leaks. If there is no dry rot I would still run the tires.
agree - maybe even the hoses and belts too but still a solid deal just not the right timing for me.

also the car I bought my son was via POA and it wasnt a big deal at all - happens all the time. In fact the passing of the guys mom was recent to the sale and the DMV doesn't even check of the seller is deceased or not, he actually could have just signed her name.

Wow, I had no idea a used Fit can fetch that much cash. I wonder how much my wife's 2015 is worth.... but with a lot more miles.

I'd also check the motor mounts and rubber bits on the suspension. Changed multiple sets on my Pilot and eventually donated it as they were ready for round 3.

Wow, I had no idea a used Fit can fetch that much cash. I wonder how much my wife's 2015 is worth.... but with a lot more miles.
even the ones for sale with 100-150K miles on the various car web sites are listed for 6K+ - what they end up selling for is another story.

even the ones for sale with 100-150K miles on the various car web sites are listed for 6K+ - what they end up selling for is another story.
Yeah, her car has about 150K miles on it with multiple trips to Canada and it's been pretty darn reliable. Now the reason we got it has passed away (we needed the magic seat so we can transport our basset hound) she wants a new car so we're looking at possibly selling it or trading it in for something a little bigger.

The used car market is still kinda weird but once this is prepped for sale it will sell easy.

I’d get it cleaned up a little and put it on FB Marketplace for 9500 you will get a bunch of low ballers at first trying to flip it but you can easily sell that for around 8000 IMO.

Good luck !

@cdrmtbiker it might be good to talk to a mechanic about it so you can get the best $. A concern might be the gas thats in the tank....I don't know but its the first thought that comes to mind. Fuel with Ethanol doesn't like to sit for a long time. extremely good that its been in a garage tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom