Formula 1 - 2024

Anyone following F1 or has Max killed all interest?

Still following. I'd certainly prefer more competitive championships but having watched through the Schumacher, Vettel, and Hamilton periods of dominance I'm also just willing to accept that it's the nature of the sport.

Still following. I'd certainly prefer more competitive championships but having watched through the Schumacher, Vettel, and Hamilton periods of dominance I'm also just willing to accept that it's the nature of the sport.
I followed up to the end of the Schumy’s era. Those were best naps I’ve taken on a couch, ever!

I’ve been following Formula 1 since the early 90’s, though lately I haven’t been a stickler for watching every qualifying session and race. For a long time, I didn’t miss a minute of a season.

Watched quali and plan on watching the race. Max hasn't killed interest, the battle for 2-5 is still as interesting as ever. And the lower midfield will be interesting with VCARB/RB etc. Surprised to see Alpine at the absolute bottom yesterday.

Still all in, getting ready to watch Bahrain GP. Be interesting to see if Max runs away with it again or if the other top teams can give a proper challenge.
Definitely a Ferrari fanboy so I’m very torn about Lulu joining next year.

If this dude is that excited announcing Lap 1, his head will be exploding by the finish…

Oh he gone - Max
Does VER and PER have identical cars?

I think MOTOGP is so much better to watch but it’s outrageous $ for sub

My wife and I randomly started watching the F1 show on Netflix a few months ago. We got caught up and watched the race today. Not sure we'll get super into it, but it was fun and we enjoyed it.

I can't commit the time I used to for watching qualifying, practice and a race. I typically now just catch the highlights on YouTube.

Sainz is going to do something this year - but only if he can catch Max. Those stinkin Red Bulls are fast! Glad to see Hamilton down wind.

Max hasn't killed interest, the battle for 2-5 is still as interesting as ever.
Totally agree. Even if Max runs away with it again this year I'm interested to see how the rest of the top teams shake out. Especially leading up to next year where we already know there will be big moves, and then again in 2026 with the regulations change.

Going to be an interesting couple of years.

I can't commit the time I used to for watching qualifying, practice and a race. I typically now just catch the highlights on YouTube.

Sainz is going to do something this year - but only if he can catch Max. Those stinkin Red Bulls are fast! Glad to see Hamilton down wind.

I have a hard time believing that anyone is challenging Max this year, but I hope that I'm wrong.

On a related note, the Hamilton to Ferrari thing just doesn't make a ton of sense to me. I really don't see him, at this point in his career, as offering anything that Sainz doesn't. Seems like a lateral move in terms out outright pace given the comparison to Russell. Or maybe Ferrari believes that Lewis is going to come in and motivate the team to achieve greater things, given his track record of success. Or perhaps just shake things up/change the current dynamic. A few years ago, I think it could have been a good move, just not sure that I see it at this point.

Back
Top Bottom