Fluke fishing

The Big Mohawk out of Belmar is the best bottom boat around..
Capt Chris has only been at it his whole life..

Where are the party boats in NJ for fluke?
Went a couple of times at Captree in LI and caught a decent amount but they were all undersized. They all had to be released.
I used to fish out of Atlantic Highlands. There are plenty of boats to choose from there.

Yes fluke whenever possible. 24 Grady White. Boat's in Matawan Creek. Bucktails and Gulp. Bait too if it is what they want. Beer too.

Stripers spring and fall too.
That's a great location. I like what they did with that marina along 35. My old co-worker has a 35' custom in there.
I grew up fishing with my grandfather who had a 1976 Grady white that my father now has but it's getting to be too much to rehab now. I loved that boat!

I went out of keyport on the down deep bull last week with my pops. Nice private boat charter and they put us right on top of them. Of course, the best way to catch them now is jigging which is completely new to me.

If anyone is interested in getting on a boat, let me know. I'd like to get on 2-4 more trips for the rest of the season. Like @fidodie says, I got money for gas when you're in for that! N

I grew up on the water, my time split on my dads boat between the Raritan bay and the Barnegat bay. I haven't fished in a long time but I remember dropping til you hit bottom, then just chilling. Is that still the proper way? Whats this jigging you all speak of?

I grew up on the water, my time split on my dads boat between the Raritan bay and the Barnegat bay. I haven't fished in a long time but I remember dropping til you hit bottom, then just chilling. Is that still the proper way? Whats this jigging you all speak of?
jigging--- bucktail with a grub on bottom and 6-8" above, a smaller jig with smaller grub. hit bottom and bounce it... the bigger fish are in the ocean right now, and love the "sticky"(rocky bottom). this is a perfect spot to get snagged---losing bucktails is expected.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom