First race

Ridgerunner

Hi everyone,
Ive been riding on and off for years just doing my own thing but im looking to do the girls guts and glory dualathon and have never done a mtb race. Can any of you recommend a good intro race?

Thanks

2Julianas

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hi @Ridgerunner! I agree with @MissJR that Lewis Morris is a good start. Its hilly but not too difficult. Also, the SOS race at Stewart State park is flowy and fun (but up in NY). The Mooch Madness course has a separate loop for Cat3 that is still quite challenging and fun.

greeek32

SoS is in Newburgh, NY. exit 17 off the thruway. it's a pretty fun place to ride even if you're not racing there. really smooth and fast; 15 miles at steward feels like 6 at ringwood.

A bit of advice: for your first mountain bike race, don't go with the intention of winning or doing really well. go with the intention of participating, having a great time, and learning what racing is all about. It can be very frustrating and ruin racing all together for you if you go to your first race and leave disappointed. I generally only race when I am sure it is going to be a good time regardless of if I place dead last. After all, you paid to be there; you should have a good time.

Top Bottom