Firefox

J-Dro

Not many new features in 3.0 but its faster and less of a memory hog when multiple tabs are open.

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider
random firefox question. Do sites still collect revenue if you have addblock installed?

Lets think about this for a second.

How could revenue be generated via an ad?
An ad would have to be clicked on. If the ad is blocked, it can not be clicked on. If the ad is not clicked on, revenue is not generated. So, no its not generated.

MTB Aussie

Lets think about this for a second.

How could revenue be generated via an ad?
An ad would have to be clicked on. If the ad is blocked, it can not be clicked on. If the ad is not clicked on, revenue is not generated. So, no its not generated.
Ya, do websites get revenue for ad displays any more or just for click thru?

Glancing Aft

Ya, do websites get revenue for ad displays any more or just for click thru?

I know Google's addsend (sp?) still generates revenue for displayed adds. Although it's like $0.01 instead of $0.10 for a click. So I was wondering if you have firefox with adblock if it still downloads the banner to your cache and prevents it from being viewed on the browser or not. If it doesn't maybe I'll turn it off on mtbnj, I would feel guilty :)

MixMastaMM

Team Bulldog Rider

You get paid whenever someone on your site clicks on one of the AdSense ads.
Advertisers can also bid to appear on your site on a CPM (cost per thousand impressions) basis.

Read it again. you get paid when someone clicks on an ad on your site. Advertisers can choose your site because of the number of hits your site gets, not the number of times and ad appears on the site. So start clicking buddy.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG

J-Dro

Mergs, Perhaps you missed this part of the article:

"The issue affects users of Firefox 3.0 as well as Firefox 2.0"

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Mergs, Perhaps you missed this part of the article:

"The issue affects users of Firefox 3.0 as well as Firefox 2.0"

I did, I did. That's ok because I only use Firefox on "safe sites", like this one ;)

p.s. good thing Tipping Point are such swell guys:

"Tipping Point has verified the bug and reported it to Mozilla, Tipping Point said on Wednesday.

Since Mozilla is still working on a fix, the researchers won't share details about the problem."

because when some of the (other) 3rd party white hats find these things, they sometimes reveal the exact steps to take advantage of the vulnerability which tends to annoy me.

Last edited:

Glancing Aft

Read it again. you get paid when someone clicks on an ad on your site. Advertisers can choose your site because of the number of hits your site gets, not the number of times and ad appears on the site. So start clicking buddy.

I'm a dumbass and thought impressions ment page views, not clicks.

Top Bottom